New Law Being Passed Which Will Limit International Student Acceptances for UCs?

The OP has not been clear on finances. On another thread they say they can’t pay, need a full loan, then a small loan, etc. OP, nobody can help you without knowing your budget. YOU cannot take out a loan for $250k.

Schools don’t care if you pay in cash or with a loan - they just need the money. Since you are not a citizen, your loans would be private and will be just like cash to the schools. I don’t know what you mean but a ‘full out loan’ but you won’t be getting any loan through the schools, especially in California.

The Georgia schools (UGa and Georgia Tech) also have a limit on the OOS/International students, and I think it is also at 18%. North Carolina has a cap. Some states, like Colorado, have an informal cap at no more than 50% OOS.

It’s not really unusual for states to limit, by law or by agreement, the percentage of non-residents at their schools.

For the record, yes my family can pay and i will only need to take a minor loan. I needed to confirm w/ parents.

If you want UCs, UCSC and UCD are your best bets.
Look into UVermont, UMN, UIowa, Penn State, Pitt, UMaryland, UOregon… Since as far as I know these don’t have caps.

loans are a bad idea for an undergrad degree. I strongly suggest you find a school that will allow you to avoid them.