NJIT admission 2023

We did get official physical mail on Saturday, but no merit/honors were specified

Son admitted to Computer Engineering. Applied on 10/29.

2 Likes

Does anyone know when do they announce honors college acceptance

1 Like

Three years ago for my older daughter it was several weeks after initial acceptance, but before the end of the year.

1 Like

Anyone else notice that the application status page changed from very bland to much more interesting? My son was accepted a few weeks ago, but just sometime in the last few days the page changed and now there’s a link to an actual acceptance letter rather than just a message “Decision: Accepted” and a link to place a registration deposit.

That welcome page also has an NJIT ID # and an NJIT email address. Did any accepted students use that ID to claim their email address?

2 Likes

Does anyone know when they release financial aid info, specifically merit for OOS?

1 Like

Any heard back about honors?

Not yet

We have merit updated in the portal for us

1 Like

Was it part of regular acceptance letter or part of an additional letter

In the same link where the decision letter is. Scroll all the way down and we found it there

2 Likes

Thank you.

Found ours there as well. I hadn’t noticed it before when they updated the portal but it has a nov 28th date so i may have missed it before. Any idea what they generally max out at for OOS (not enrolled for Honors)?

I think the OOS merit aid maxes out at about half-tuition if you’re not invited into Albert Dorman Honors College, but would love to hear if anyone got more than that. The merit aid in ADHC replaces the school-offered merit if you’re invited
 The honors college merit goes up to full tuition + housing I think. In past years (6 and 3 years ago with my older kids), my recollection is that the ADHC honors notification came out just before new years.

When my older daughter visited NJIT for an accepted student event three years ago, they said the number of applications for ADHC is going up significantly and that it’s getting more and more selective. I don’t remember the exact numbers, but it was over a thousand applications for about 150 slots. They said they focus on the essay to differentiate because all of the kids applying have high stats.

1 Like

Thank you. It’s updated for my son too. We are in state.

Not sure about Max. Currently it’s 21k for my daughter. We are hoping for honors college

1 Like

We got the honors decision and honors merit posted in the portal

We got in to honors admission.

2 Likes

Congratulations :tada:
My son’s decision letter disappeared. Nothing is showing up in the portal.

They must be updating it with new letter

1 Like