NJIT admission 2023

Our scholorship amount is *. Looks like we need to claim UCID and email id before it reflects with actual $ amount

Is anyone having this issue? Canā€™t see anything on the decision page.

My sonā€™s portal has updated and itā€™s working fine for us. The letter that the link to ā€œview your decisionā€ showed has changed. Rather than the general admission letter it displayed before, it now shows the Dorman Honors College acceptance and a second letter (scrolling down below the first letter) shows the Honors College scholarship amounts (tuition + room as two separate numbers). Iā€™m wondering if you have some sort of weird internet browser cache issue? Can you try logging in with a different browser or from your phone?

Did your kid go to NJIT? If so, what is their experience? Could you please share any details that would be really helpful

Neither ended up choosing NJIT. Both chose a similar merit offers from Temple U in Philly instead, so I canā€™t comment from a studentā€™s experience.

Iā€™ll give you my personal opinion: I really like NJIT and think their engineering and comp sci programs are particularly strong and I think itā€™s well set up to help students in those fields get good initial jobs out of school. I think its location in Newark is an unfair turn-off to some, but the fact that in 30 minutes you can be in midtown Manhattan via NJTransit train from Newark Penn Station is an underrated draw of the school. I would have been very happy if either of them ended up at NJIT, which is why I also encouraged my 2023 HS grad to apply.

I do find their Highlander mascot suit with the giant grey/green head a bit unsettling and terrifying, but thatā€™s not a reason to not pick a school :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tried on phone and on different browsers. Nothing worked. The decision page is empty. This morning there were 2 letters on it -the admission letter and the merit letter.

They must be fixing the glitch. I have two letters and there is no amount on second page. Give them till end of day to fix this

Calling them didnā€™t help. They bluntly replied no idea why the portal is empty.

Just wait till tomorrow and all should be fixed. I have both letters and congratulating me on the honors admission and also for scholarship. Where as no amount displayed

1 Like

My sonā€™s portal is the same. letter empty. I just called and was told check back 24 hours and it should be updated.

Thank you for updating.

Got an update today for NJIT Honors College decisions (in-state applicant here)ā€¦

Thank you for applying to the Albert Dorman Honors College. Due to an overwhelming increase in applications this year, our admissions process has been slower than typical. As an update to your status, you should expect to receive a decision by the end of February. We will release decisions in the NJIT applicant status portal followed by an email update. There are no additional next steps that you need to take at this time.

They released few instate today morning with acceptance and scholarship

My son now got the same update - decision for honors college by February. We are in state.
Now portal shows his acceptance and merit as before.

I was able to see my honors college acceptance an hour ago, but I canā€™t find it anymore. Is there something I should change in my browser to see it again?

Donā€™t worry I think they are having some glitches with the update. My sonā€™s letters disappeared for a while but are displaying back now.

They are updating the system with correct documents. By few hours all will be fixed

We are OOS and got honors acceptance and merit today. Like others our letter is not visible either.

1 Like

NJIT - update Our business hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM EST. We will be on holiday break from December 23rd to January 2nd, but will reply to all inquiries upon our return on January 3rd.

Same with my son and his friend . Letter was there and then disappeared