No hotel rooms - march 24 - what's going on?

<p>We were planning a college visit to tuscaloosa march 24 and 25 and there are no hotel rooms to be found. Is there something major going on that we should know about?</p>

<p>The panhellenic preview weekend is Mar. 25 to 27. D can’t wait to see the sorority houses!</p>

<p>That may be Greek Preview weekend. </p>

<p>Can you visit another time? If not, where are you coming from? We could probably recommend something slightly out of town. </p>

<p>Did you call Wingate hotels? I think there’s a Comfort Inn slightly out of town as well.<br>
Comfort Inn
4700 Doris Pate Dr, Tuscaloosa, AL 35405
(205) 556-3232 </p>

<p>It might also be a sports tournament weekend or something. Maybe something with gymnastics or softball or something.</p>

<p>Did you try… (these are not very close to the school, so may have vacancies.)</p>

<p>Hilton Garden Inn
Ramada
Candlewood Suites
Quality Inn
Country Inn
Sleep Inn
Wingate
Hampton Inn 6400 interstate
Greystone</p>

<p>[Hotel</a> search, - Bing Travel](<a href=“Microsoft Bing Travel”>Microsoft Bing Travel)</p>

<p>So I assume this is a big deal?</p>

<p>Checked most of the major hotel chains, now looking into some of the smaller ones.</p>

<p>Thanks for the help.</p>

<p>Here’s a page with lots of hotels and phone numbers.</p>

<p>[ALABAMA</a> CRIMSON TIDE - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site - Travel Center](<a href=“http://www.rolltide.com/travel/hotels.html]ALABAMA”>http://www.rolltide.com/travel/hotels.html)</p>

<p>girls softball is also playing at home this weekend. So, that is adding to the issue because the team is having a very good season.</p>

<p>Men’s baseball and Mens/women’s track is also at home this weekend. </p>

<p>So, lots of out of town visitors this weekend.</p>

<p>The Ramada has rooms for cheap ($58) those nights. It’s not great but I’ve stayed there a few times during football weekends and didn’t have any problems. </p>

<p>The Comfort Inn is also available for $100 a night. I’ve stayed there once too and it was decent.</p>

<p>Most of the lesser brand hotels/motels in Tuscaloosa are ok and relatively convenient (5 - 10 minute drive) to campus. The only property I urge everyone to stay AWAY from is the Masters Inn. There’s a reason it’s the only place with vacancies during football weekends. The place is a hell hole.</p>

<p>Thanks to everyone for all your help. I was able to get a room at the Hometown suites near the mall.</p>

<p>Oh good! That’s close to Midtown Village…lots of places to eat there! :)</p>

<p>Wings U (American with a Crimson Tide theme) is located in the back of MV. </p>

<p>Iguana Grill (Mexican with fascinating decor) is also located in the back of MV. </p>

<p>The other restaurants are easily seen from the street. </p>

<p>Let us know how the visit goes! :)</p>

<p>We were also visiting last weekend. Our local recruiter recommended that we get our hotel reservations as early as possible due to all the University events. Glad to hear that you found a hotel. We spent some time at Midtown Village sitting outside (the weather was perfect) people watching. We had a wonderful dinner on the patio of Ruan Thai. Must try if you like Thai.</p>

<p>DD joined the Panhellenic Preview activities which gave my H and I some time to explore T-town. (Since DD is a hs junior, we only stayed for part of the Parent Meeting.)Then headed off into town. We accidentally crashed a wedding at Capital Park (the Old Alabama State Captial ruins) then we crashed the reception at the Jemison House. Too funny.</p>

<p>Our hotel (Wingate) was full of “track” stars from Louisville. We met more “trackies” from Southern Miss at Dreamland’s. We were all rooting for the Butler Bulldogs! Butler U is in our backyard…</p>

<p>DD was the only HS Junior, that we know of, that participated in Sorority Preview. She was exhausted but so thrilled to have had this experience early on in the college game. </p>

<p>We visited the “other A” school just 2 hrs east of Bama. After concluding the walking tour with a Student Recruiter (and after the scary War Eagle story), our DD was ready to depart campus. She had other meetings and such but decided that she didn’t want to waste anyone’s time because her heart is set on Bama.</p>

<p>“We visited the “other A” school just 2 hrs east of Bama. After concluding the walking tour with a Student Recruiter (and after the scary War Eagle story), our DD was ready to depart campus. She had other meetings and such but decided that she didn’t want to waste anyone’s time because her heart is set on Bama.”</p>

<p>That is one fine girl you have raised. It’s always good to beat the rush and start hating auburn early :-)</p>