Northeastern Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

DS22 deferred to waitlisted. Congrats to all and good luck to wherever you end up!

For everyone who got waitlisted or rejected, it’ll all work out, and your child will end up where they’re truly meant to be. All this admissions drama will soon be a distant memory. Good luck!

10 Likes

Congratulations to everyone who got in! My son was rejected but my older son is now a junior at NEU and has had a wonderful experience. Both sons have almost identical stats and lots of ECs so huge application pool and over enrollment definitely made a difference. That being said, there are lots of amazing colleges and our kids will end up where they are meant to be.

7 Likes

Is honors program scholarship considered a merit aid? Son didn’t hear anything from NEU until tonight. The financial aid letter didn’t mention NMF scholarship. We might need to contact AO to figure it out. Thank you.

My deferred D is now waitlisted, her fourth waitlist this week! 3.94 UW, TO, a few APs and average ECs.

Hi! I’m a NMF who also got into honors w/ 28k per year. In the letter, it says that the Northeastern National Merit Scholarship will supercede the University Honors Scholarship. It is my understanding that they usually increase the Honors and then call it the National Merit Scholarship, but this doesn’t happen until after the March 31 deadline. However, I am unsure whether this makes us ineligible for the National Merit $2500 scholarships, and plan on calling NMSC to find out!

1 Like

Daughter got in. Dean’s scholarship

10 Likes

in the recent past the NMF scholarship was offered if you added NU as your #1 school choice by a certain date. It replaces the Honors scholarship. NU offers an additional 5K/yr on top of the merit scholarship already offered (but that might change this year). You’ll have to check with Financial Aid office to be sure. Good luck!

1 Like

It says that we need to designate them by March 31st. We have it as undecided right now. Previously had USC

I guess itznotfare.

Congratulations to all that got accepted!! I have come across several recent NU grads professionally and they have all been extremely impressive. For those waitlisted or rejected good luck on future decisions it will work out!!

3 Likes

DD22 differed EA , waitlisted RD

EA deferred, waitlisted RD. applied TO

DS22 Rejected. :frowning:
Location California
14 APs, 2 DE
Weighted GPA 4.5
Many EC, including working while enrolled in all AP classes

He applied because Boston was a location he would have been happy to live out the college experience. We have other acceptances for engineering, one with generous merit scholarship, so it helps to deal with this news. Still waiting for more decisions in the coming week.

Congratulations to everyone that was accepted!

2 Likes

Daughter got NU Bound - but she’ll still be 17 when school starts so can only choose the SF Bay Area, not London. We live there already so she is not enticed! London might have been a different story.

3 Likes

Is the NU Bound like a deferral?

No. It is explained on their website.

My daughter got in MIT , but got waitlisted at NEU! She applied to 22 colleges because we knew the admission process got completely messed up by the pandemic. Is it even humanly possible to properly review 91,000 applications? UPitts, Purdue, WPI, Umass Amherst , Stevens Institute of Tech, RPI , College of Wooster - all accepted her with the max merit scholarships they offer in accelerated BS/MS programs or honors programs. But she got deferred from GA Tech and now waitlisted by NEU! This year everybody needs a hefty dose of luck beyond great academic and extracurricular achievements. Good luck everyone!

9 Likes

My son got the Dean’s scholarship and he is an NMF. We specified another college on his NMSC application since he was deferred during EA. Not sure if we can switch now.

For the dean’s scholarship is 20k per year. If NMF, which it says will over ride honors and dean’s how much would that be. Anyone knows?