Northeastern Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Yes, he can
You have till March 31

2 Likes

completely agreed

Do you mind sharing what other schools you applied to and what the decisions were? My son is applying next year and he wants to see more realistic college decisions on here.

1 Like

Congratulations on your daughter’s many acceptances. I assume you daughter wouldn’t have attended NU even if she were accepted?

IMO, NU Admissions Officers do a phenomenal job of picking the right students. Of course, many talented kids don’t get accepted due to the sheer volume of qualified students. But more often than not, the AO seem to have a nose to sniff out the right kids - the ones who’ll love NU, be the right fit and thrive in their diverse, vibrant, collaborative community, and have pride in attending NU.

Good luck!

5 Likes

Exactly this!

If you applied to NU as a smart kid with good EC’s but showed no interest in going, then you shouldnt be upset that you were rejected.

1 Like

S was deferred in Early Action. Accepted to N.U. in program. with Dean’s scholarship.

2 Likes

Accepted to Marine Biology in the N.U.I.N program after being deferred from EA. I also got the Dean’s scholarship. Very excited since N.U.I.N is my preference, although I want to wait for all of my decisions before choosing, so I assume that most locations will be filled before I decide where to go.

3 Likes

DS was accepted to business school honors program with Honors scholarship. 4.17 UW GPA, 1580SAT, 800/790/760 SAT2 M/P/C, 5s on all APs. Strong ECs.

5 Likes

SAME HERE! You exactly described my daughter and our thinking. Mills is down the street. We are wondering if we can petition the age thing and go to London. She’ll be 18 in October!

1 Like

I was accepted into the Honors Program but received a National Scholarship. I am wondering what is the value of an Honors Scholarship?

They offered him 27K per year. How much is the national scholarship? Is it the National Merit Scholarship or something else?

National Hispanic Recognition 30k. What I don’t understand is that it says I get 30k per year but then I get 2k in unsubsidized loans. Why is it not 5k like all the other schools?

waitlisted. OOS for Business program. Didn’t expect much but DS only applied because it didn’t have a supplemental essay. More than 50k kids would have applied for the same reason

1 Like

May be because that depends upon the tuition and living expenses of each school, which I assume are not the same between schools.

Look at the breakdown. It is included
I think you get 28k per year

1 Like

Rejected.
OOS
1490 SAT
Great ECs
Great essays
Phenomenal grades and recs
Not sure what happened. Admitted to UIUC CS+Chemistry, UNC, etc but rejected from this. Weird.

2 Likes

Per semester
It is 5k per year

How is 2k a semester equivalent to 5k?

Daughter was deferred EA and accepted RD for NUin for a Neuroscience major! We live in MD. 3.95 GPA, 34 ACT, lots of APs and college classes, athlete, terrific work experience, internship in her field of interest, graduated HS in three years. She was offered $18K/year. We took a step back from CC and didn’t know that decisions were coming out tonight, so it was a nice non-stress surprise! Congrats to all who were also accepted!

7 Likes

Is this really a thing? My daughter will be 17 also … so does that mean she can’t do NUin internationally? Not sure we saw that in any of the website info.