Northeastern Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Both of my D’s were honors (fall 2012 and 2016) Honors frosh housing then was the biggest perk and is usually now in East village but that might be impacted due to the high enrollment of this past year. Honors also gets an additional scholarship to use for global travel or coop (around $6000 total with limitations on how it’s used.) both my D’s used that which was nice. Honors classes are smaller but aren’t necessarily any harder. The kids don’t make a big distinction between being in honors or not as almost all kids are such high stats these days. They have extra programming and events as well.

thanks!

NU has guaranteed transfer. I got that offer in my decision letter, some of my friends also got that opportunity, and I think it is only for Boston students.

1 Like

This year? I had not heard of this. Can you share more details?

1 Like

This is what they said in my decision letter. I emailed the Admissions Director, he said I need to enroll at another institution of higher education for the fall 2022 semester while maintaining a cumulative 3.0 GPA to get the transfer contract.

1 Like

I was accepted EA and I want to attend a Welcome/Accepted Students’ Day before making my final decision. When I log onto my portal and click the link to register, it says “Record not found! No events set.” Is anyone else seeing this?

So, it appears to be limited to residents of the City of Boston.

3 Likes

It seems that the kids from BSD get all kinds of perks from NEU, like free application. We are from Midwest. My kids got the invitation for free application from CWRU, Chicago and Northwestern, but never did from NEU. When people say NEU gives out free application in order to lower acceptance rate, I always wonder if that was just a regional thing to help the kids from the local community.

Northeastern and most universities do not pay property tax to their cities. This is one of many services in lieu of taxes that Northeastern provides to City of Boston residents.

4 Likes

I’d call admissions.

Thanks for sharing and good to know this offer exists for local Boston residents. So are you required to complete the first two years before transferring or can you transfer after one year? Are you considering this?

We are not in Massachusetts not Boston and fee was waived yet on wl. They also sent a nice leather notebook. Not sure why they spend resources on trying to increase applicants only to then seem to not be able to handle the volume. Leaves a bad impression imo and I know this is a business, but these are kids they are dealing with and asking for a large sum of money. In any other scenario, it may be considered unethical and would likely lead to a decrease customer base. Seems like this marketing approach is widespread, also unfortunate.

2 Likes

Same with D 22 . We are not in MA or Boston

1 Like

Nvm, I was able to register last night (might have just been poor WiFi at my school). Anyone going on Sunday?

1 Like

To me, it is the miscalculated yield rate that caused the issue primarily, not the numbers of applicants per se.

2 Likes

Does anyone have the schedule for the Sunday new student events? What time does it end?

I was in last weekend one and end 3:00PM.

Thank you!

My daughter was invited to do global quest. Does anyone know about the program?
We might miss the information session as our flight back from spring break may not arrive on time.
Would appreciate
Thanks

Anyone hear any updates at all related to waitlisted opportunities? I know it’s a long shot but hoping for a miracle