Northeastern Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Does anyone get their scholarship amount adjusted to National Merit scholarship?

wanted to ask same question

Yes. Although my daughter decided not to go, her dean scholarship was updated from $20,000 to $25,000
You needed to have them as first choice by May 1st
Otherwise you need to call

thank you for the info

1 Like

I called NEU today, was told that they are waiting for the rooster from NMC, but NEU was listed as the first choice of school before May 1st, not sure where is the disconnect. I am waiting for NEU to get back to me.

It showed up automatically in the financial aid page for my daughter
I am sure you already checked

Unless

I checked, it didn’t show up. Waiting for financial aid office to get back to me.

Best of luck and congratulations
Great school and extremely selective this year

late response! but is it true the URL changes to PreDecision before anything is uploaded in the portal. My D is waitlisted and her portal currently says PreDecision

See :point_down:

1 Like

When will student know their housing information?

There’s a lot of info on the housing website. It looks like notification is related to enrollment date deposit and notification starts in July and continues through the summer. You and your roommate should reserve a mini fridge/ microwave when you can.

1 Like

Great, thanks for the info!

1 Like

Further proof that NU did in fact use an outside company to pick the candidates most likely to attend , mostly ED and EA but did the same in RD . Waitlisted a lot of very qualified students to see if they really wanted to go and would accept the waitlist then they offered NU.in and some a California option and some spring 2023 . Yield protection and the further proof is the incentive of a gift card to fill out a survey explaining why you didn’t chose to go there after acceptance off the wait list. Of course no comments were allowed and there was no option for "I didn’t appreciate the yield protection " lol . So I put I got into a better school (COLGATE) , which is true . Kids got into U Penn, Colgate , Princeton , Brown , Johns Hopkins , Cornell , and Georgetown but got waitlisted or rejected from Northeastern , NYU , Boston U and even U Miami . What a farce !

1 Like

Source for this “further proof”? My D was asked to fill out a similar survey from another college about why she did not accept their offer of admission. Yield is very difficult for colleges to predict. To their credit, NU stuck to their decision to reduce their freshman class by 1,000 students to deal with last year’s overenrollment and did not overenroll while other schools (i.e. BU) overenrolled again. Some overenrolled colleges are offering accepted students money if they defer for a year (i.e. Kenyon). I know an exceptional student who was deferred and waitlisted from NU this year and would surely have been accepted in past years. As for Colgate, I know a recent grad who is job hunting and a recent NU grad who was hired by a co-op employer, which is common for NU students, so whatever. To each his own.

4 Likes

As has been stated before, be careful what schools you use as a “safety”.

2 Likes

Safeties were UCONN, Drexel, U Vermont , and Thomas Jefferson and got offered Academic Scholarships to all of them .

Northeastern has (finally) published the results of the 2022 admissions cycle. At this time, they are expecting a Boston campus class of 2620 students. Allowing for a bit more summer melt they should hit their target of 2500 come September. So, no over enrolment!
Northeastern to Invest Record $450M in Financial Aid in 2022-23 - News @ Northeastern

5 Likes

They managed it well! Still a 43% yield which is high but they offered admission to so many fewer students.

1 Like