Northeastern Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Can anyone confirm if Northeastern’s acceptance rate was really 7 percent for this year’s incoming class? I’ve seen that mentioned in this thread and in some articles online, but I can’t find where it was published by the school itself.

Official numbers aren’t out yet but there are many articles that mention the 7% acceptance rate like this one:

But - this number should come with a major caveat: NEU had to drastically reduce its 2026 class size due to over enrollment in the prior year so the number for 2026 is artificially low.

1 Like

Northeastern acceptance rate drops to 6.7% - The Huntington News (huntnewsnu.com)

For the class entering in 2021 Northeastern reported an 18% acceptance rate and ended up over enrolled by 1500 students due to an expectedly high yield rate. (The acceptance rate probably should have been 12%) They had to reduce the size of the freshman class entering in 2022 to prevent further crowding. So, the acceptance rate ended up being 6.7% and they hit their enrolment goal with no over enrolment. For freshman entering in 2023 the freshman class should return to the normal level, and I would expect a +/-12% acceptance rate in the upcoming cycle.

Students offered NU In and NU Bound options are not included in the acceptance rate.

Huntington News is the Northeastern student newspaper.

1 Like

Is there a way to know how many students were offered these options?

I have never seen any figures published for those programs. But having followed the results threads here on CC for the past few years there seems to be about the same number of students offered admission to these alternative programs as are offered regular Boston admission. Of course, CC’ers are not a representative sample of all applicants.

1 Like

It seems past parents of NUIN students have said that NU has reported to them that about 1/3 of the entire frosh class (fall admits and NUin/NUbound) come from these alternative programs… that’s the enrollment they shoot for it seems.