Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

No, if you got in ED it’s binding. NUin isnt a choice, its assigned at their discretion instead of admittance.

If you were offered regular Boston admission it is binding. If offered NU In it is not binding even if it was your first choice.

4 Likes

the nu in and nu bound kids from 2021 were housed in chapter spitalfields…a very nice dorm experience, minus food service.

Can you (and others) share the amounts of connections and deans scholarships? It is helpful for future years to see trends. Congrats to your daughter!

1 Like

My son’s friend was accepted ED and Honors to NU in acceptance letter.

1 Like

My daughter was accepted for Honors and got the Honors Scholarship for 25K per year.

10 Likes

That’s awesome!

My daughter received the Dean’s scholarship for $12,000 each year.

6 Likes

My daughter’s Connections scholarship is $20,000 a year

3 Likes

My son’s Dean’s Scholarship is $15,000/year. He’s a sophomore.

3 Likes

Congrats on Honors College. Would you mind sharing what benefits come with the honors program this year? It seems to change every few years. Honors housing of course, but are they still offering the $6000 “bank” of scholarship funding for the summer dialogue of civilization course or other study abroad options? Any other perks?

Dean’s scholarship for 14K/year

1 Like

Nothing specific in mine was mentioned with DOC and the Global Bank, but I believe they vaguely referenced those opportunities with these two bullet points in my decision letter:

“• Dedicated opportunities for faculty-mentored research and creative endeavors with funding available
• Global learning experiences embedded within your Honors courses, and funding to support these experiences”

I’ll update the threads if we receive additional information. My Honors offer was 28k/yr and could increase if I become a National Merit Finalist; not entirely sure how much they give there. Hope this helps!

Yes, it was pretty non specific, and I assume they will give more insight soon. The bullet points in the admission letter were as follows:

• One-of-a-kind, interdisciplinary courses with a small student-to-faculty ratio
  • Dedicated opportunities for faculty-mentored research and creative endeavors with funding available
  • 25+ student-directed Honors Living Learning Communities
  • Honors advising tailored to high-achieving students
  • Global learning experiences embedded within your Honors courses, and funding to support these experiences
  • Mentoring from a vibrant network of Honors alumni who are invested in your future

They didn’t even list access to NU Accelerate in the bullet points, which is one of the things we are most curious about now (they are having an info session this Thursday though). And it does appear they will be adding a third person to a very small room in the Honors college dorms–kind of a bummer. I was able to find course listings of the Honors classes and they looked fun. But most info I have found has been through my own research thus far!

1 Like

Congrats! That is wonderful news for you and good luck on NMF! it seems in the past couple of years they’ve added a bit more, may $5-10k for national merit depending on the previous merit scholarship. And it does sound like perhaps they are still using the honors “bank” for some global opps funding without being specific.

1 Like

I think NU accelerate is open to all ED students, not just honors… but since it only started last year, it’ll be great to learn more.

2 Likes

Oh that is true–it is for all ED. You are right! We are on a 4x4 and my daughter needs to rearrange her spring schedule to make time for an Accelerate class so that is what has been on our mind the most!

1 Like

Is the Thursday info session for NU Accelerate? I would love to learn more about this

It is! 6 pm EST. It’s advertised on the lower left side of the first page of the application portal. There is a link to register.

1 Like

The coalition app says “Early Action students will receive their decision by December 31.” I know that Northeastern’s website says “by Feb 1,” but does Northeastern actually start to release decisions earlier? I know that Tulane releases much earlier than what is on their website.

2 Likes