Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I got deferred : (

what state?

Yield protection occurs when a school will defer or waitlist an applicant they judge to be using the school as a safety and is not likely to attend if accepted.

4 Likes

Seems that majority are deferred. Anyone know the statistics from prior years for EA-> %accepted vs deferred vs rejected. I can see deferring some but it almost seems to be a gimmick for them to have EA but then push a very large number into RD.

Not sure! I got into Caltech EA which was great. I’m waiting on MIT (deferred), UMich, Harvey Mudd, Carleton, URochester, Grinnell, Harvard, Yale, Columbia, and Cornell!

7 Likes

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a merit scholarship in the RD round if you happened to be yield protected? Or does being deferred rid you of the opportunity for merit $

Well its not just that in this case cause many students are deferred from NU EA because of the overwhelming amount of applications, so they do need more time to review because at least 50% of applications are just not even seen.

1 Like

Yes… they get scholarship in RD after getting deferred from EA

2 Likes

Could decisions be released rn or do they release at a certain hour on the dot specifically

1 Like

mine was 6 pm on the dot

1 Like

How many people get accepted into the NU bound program?

Accepted NU Bound (from MA)

1 Like

D22 Deffered .
New England , GPA 4.0/4.5, SAT 1540 , 790 math , 740 englsih , all honors , 8 APS
president of NHC, president science NHC , volonteering nursing home , mulple clubs, drama at school
internship last year at the addiction clinic with good reference letter,
published literature review paper in faculty review journal of stidet reserach on /cancer topic.

I was accepted NU Bound too (NJ). Just wondering what the acceptance rate is for that or how many students get accepted for that?

1 Like

Still waiting in Northern VA.

2 Likes

Got in folks!
NEU Honors + 25k scholarship

3.95/4.0 UW GPA
1510 SAT
13 APs (mostly 4s ands a few 5s)

• Varsity Golf (Qualified for States)
  • Plays golf in Junior Circuits (multiple wins and top 10s)
  • Founded SAT/ACT club in school
  • VEX Robotics (Worlds)
  • Junior Fire Department (2nd Lieutenant)
  • Head of Asian Cultural Organization

(I’ve some other ECs but not crazy important to me)

I thought my essay was pretty good and definitely tailored it to my major in Mechanical Engineering.

8 Likes

Probably a low amount of people, no more than a total of 1,000 students of all applicants.

do you get Merit?

D22 deferred! I’m actually happy because of the stiff competition and numbers we’ve been discussing on this thread.

3.9 uw, 4.9 w
PA
History and Philosophy major
5 APs, at least 7 honors
Has a 32 but was test optional

Love to see History and Philosophy! Im history and poli sci

1 Like