Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Accepted to NUin with Dean’s scholarship of $12k/year.
4.0 UW
35 ACT
Rank 1/450ish
IB diploma candidate
NMSF

Will the scholarship increase if he’s NMF in the NUin program? When would we know that? It is otherwise far out of reach, especially the NUin semester.

I don’t know if he’s intersted in the program or not. I guess when we see location choices that will help.

So, overall disappointing.

1 Like

I hope they don’t underestimate the yield rate on NUin this time. Otherwise they are going to have the over-enrollment problem again.

Um, Purdue was also overenrolled this year. Might want to Google to see what their housing looked like this year. Great school though.

2 Likes

A month ago I was EA deferred by a college I considered a safety. And this was just one week after being EA denied by another. Today, I am excited with the NEU outcome. So, don’t despair. We all have a place to be where we are welcomed.

10 Likes

It is definitely overcrowded and older son returned from coop and basically needed to find a place to live off campus if he wanted to be with roommates. No real options with NEU housing. They are adulting now and conserving on laundry as to wash and dry a load is $6 a pop (lol).

Daughter accepted to NUin. Zero merit which is astounding (compared to all others we’ve had), but makes this decision pretty clear as well as unfortunate. Well that was a fun ride today!

1 Like

It’s basically first semester abroad with a cohort - you get to pick which program, London, Ireland, Greece, Canada were options in the past, Last year, because of the pandemic, they created NUin Boston where students could elect, if they did not want to travel internationally or if your program was cancelled abroad. Students stayed at the Westin Copley (about 800 of them). You have a slightly limited selection of courses to choose from, you don’t live in traditional on-campus housing, but when you 'transfer" to campus in the spring, you usually (but not always) get placed in upper-class housing because second and third year students are leaving for co-ops. That’s a nice plus. You can also select roommates from the NUin program at this time. Registration for the spring is not limited to NUin courses (basic major requirements) like the fall.

1 Like

Son accepted to NUin! No merit…any chance that may be offered later?

Yes, I am aware. However, the campus is not in a tight space. I visited during homecoming and it did not feel overcrowded at all. Northeastern is a great school. It is very close to my home and I have visited many times. I am happy for those that got in but also happy I got into my first choice school. Also, I know I have a spot in housing being in the Honors College.

3 Likes

Hi, what is the source for your
Admissions Decisions data?

2 Likes

From reddit, but it is confirmed here as well.

The EA acceptance rate for Boston campus is only 6%, which is probably why there are so many high-caliber kids getting deferred. It may or may not be yield protection, just a bad app cycle with way too many apps on top of an over-enrollment issue from previous year.

6 Likes

I got in to the NU Bound program. Anyone know what it is?

4.0 UW, 1520 SAT and 34 ACT, 9 APs, accepted and got into honors program with 35k scholarship :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Daughter accepted
21K merit
4.0 GPA
TO
1 AP, all honors
top 10%
Strong ECs

4 Likes

Deferred
1420 SAT
engineering

My daughter’s said “The Wait is Over.” It automatically played the first time but there’s a link in the portal to replay it.

Deferred
3.97/4.20 GPA, IB Program
11 IB classes, APs, Honors
Academic and service awards

Strong ECs (100+ community service hours, lots of work experience, music/varsity sports all four years, leadership, student government)
TO

Got deferred for computer science, in the the letter it shows i have to submit my mid term marks I am an international student so I may not get my mid terms on time so is the mid term only for usa applicants.

1 Like

Son accepted - NU in
Where to check the award information? I dont see it anywhere

There’s a financial aid letter under the decision letter in the portal. Ours had nothing and couldn’t believe it. Oh well.

1 Like