Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

I am located in California. Maybe it will come tomorrow since mail carriers take varying times.

2 Likes

Same in California and waiting.

There wasn’t really anything new or particularly interesting in the welcome packet
 Nice to get something in writing, but no new information to be waiting for

1 Like

Does anyone know where my D should email her LOCI?

Email to either admissions@northeastern.edu or to your direct admissions officer.

1 Like

I’m not sure you need to email it in (or maybe that’s an alternate route). The application portal says:

We also welcome any new information that will strengthen your application. This may be uploaded through your Application Status Check.

And there’s an “Upload Documents” option on the right.

My daughter got in EA and her package just came this weekend. And only live a few hours away so for kids across the country it will certainly take longer.

2 Likes

My daughter got it today. She loved the little banner. It is nice to get a hard copy.

5 Likes

Nope, haha, I just love the city of Mostar

No one answered me when I asked the same question here, so hope this helps you. My senior couldn’t find a direct email address to his AO, so decided to address the LOCI to his AO and upload to portal. That seems to have been correct because it shows as “Deferred Student Additional Info” in portal now.

4 Likes

If your son does need to reach his AO in the future, the email address seems to be firstinitial.lastname@northeastern.edu and you can find your AO by region on the website:

2 Likes

Thank you for that tip! Under his AO’s name, it just shows the main admissions email. He has tried to contact the AO at the general email in the past - addressing the AO specifically - to introduce himself and ask a specific question, but the response didn’t come from AO so who knows if he even saw it.

It’s smart then to upload through the portal. At least you know it gets to them!

3 Likes

Boston University just reported that they had 80,797 total freshman applications for Fall, 2022. If the figure for Northeastern of over 90,000 applications is correct (reported above) it would represent a far greater surge in applications than BU.

1 Like

Boston has so many great colleges, probably all of them got more applicants this year.

That’s true but there’s a fair amount of rivalry chanting at the Beanpot (hockey) tournament with BU fans chanting “safety school” at NU fans and NU fans chanting “Daddy’s money” at BC fans. This is all outdated stereotypes, right, as NU is not a safety school compared to BU and is expensive for parents these days.

1 Like

I have read that NEU fans were chanting “We’ve got co ops” which made me chuckle.

2 Likes

Yes and another one (to BU) was “We’ve got a campus.”

3 Likes

Isn’t it “Sucks to BU”?

2 Likes

Sometimes, NEU and BU fans chant safety school at each other too. It is hilarious!