Northeastern Early Decision and Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

Yes my DS deferred EA applicant got admission NUin on Mar-17 not sure what’s RD admission date.

Thanks for your response @NJcollege2021. Mar 17 was also the RD release date last year so it looks like that’s when they inform the deferred applicants as well.

Kid and I went to a virtual NUin information program last night. There are 9 locations this year (one is the Mills College site in Oakland, CA). Monday was the first day they allowed students to select a location, and by Tuesday, the London site was filled. They said that as long as you deposit by May 1 you are guaranteed a location that supports your major, so you don’t need to rush and deposit right away, but you might not get to choose your location. Someone asked how many students were accepted into NUin this year, and they wouldn’t tell us.

The London site looked like it supported the most majors, and it is in an English speaking country, so it doesn’t surprise me that the location filled first.

4 Likes

Nuin Boston was only an option these last two years due to covid. It will not be an option this fall or going forward.

Yes, all deferred students will receive their final decision in the RD round, not earlier.

1 Like

They had a super high yield last year ending up with around 1700 overenrolled, so clearly they are being very cautious this year. Seems like the NUIN program was also oversubscribed likely bc there was the NUin Boston option due to covid, and this is causing major housing and class issues this year.

Just learned from the Northeastern BPDA meeting that the target enrollment for this year was 2500 students, which, when looking at total applications, means acceptance rate is around 5.5%. Really unfortunate for this year’s applicants.

1 Like

Is it considering 50% yield? and 2500 is total including nu.in and bound?

50% yield is kind of ridiculous and unlikely. Probably will be around the same as last year, around 33%. The 2500 will not be including nu.in and nubound, so total class size will be about 4,000. For reference, most class sizes are about 3500 enrolled about about 1000 nu.in students for about 4500, and this past year overenrollment was due to a class size of 4300 and about 2,000 nuin students.

1 Like

So how many spots left for the rest of EA and RD students?

Seems like for direct enrollment, somewhere around 1200? I cant be sure obviously, but something like that. I dont know how many EA students enrolled out of the 3K who were accepted, but if about 33% yield, there are probably very few spots left.

It is likely that regular decision acceptance rate will be in the 1-3% range.

Thanks, is it possible for students who were deferred from EA to be accepted to NUin?

Yes, many are.

1 Like

Until this year, the normal fall class size target was around 2,800 historically but has been slightly rising to more around 3,000. In years past, NUIN was targeted around 800. This last year was a huge unexpected yield creating issues all around, both frosh enrollment and NUin.

1 Like

Yeah, but im sure the rate will still be very low unfortunately

1 Like

Recently class size has been 3500 not really 2800. 2800 was more so in early 2000s and before when 5 years was pushed more, but class size has increased as Northeastern is pushing people to graduate in 4 years

What did NU say about doubling up singles and tripling up doubles? Is that their plan?

They probably give another 3600 acceptance out next month not including NUin and NU bound?

The 5.5 percent is an estimate of the overall acceptance rate?