Northeastern University 2019 EA

D applied EA to Northeastern for chemistry. S is freshman at Syracuse, D2 is grad student at Cornell. Three kids in college next year, even though we’ll be poor for sure, it’s such an exciting time. Good luck to all! I hope we hear back this week.

Anyone else mechanical engineering?

I’m going for Communication Studies and Theater! I submitted a portfolio with some acting and singing.
However, my stats are definitely below Northeastern’s averages, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I didn’t make the cut.

@2019NJmom - gotcha beat on that one…lol. 3 kids in college past 3 years. Next year will be 3 in college + 1 in grad school!

@lunarmad I’m in the exact same boat as you!

does NEU send an email notification with the decision or do we just check the portal?

@lzd1234 Emails are sent out but the decisions are posted online a few minutes to a half hour before you receive the email.

Anyone check the source code of the portal? This is what I found of interest:

function GotoDecision() {
posting = true
form = document.forms[0]
form.action = “Decision.asp”
form.target=""
form.submit()

and

function ViewDefer() {
form = document.forms[0]
form.action = “Decision.asp”
form.target = “_blank”
form.submit()

Apparently last year when you looked at the code you could see a “Y” or “N” next to defer but doesn’t seem to be the case right now.

i applied for civil engineering

Technically, shouldn’t the decision be in the code somewhere? @Cholo19

@Cholo19 I think the Y N that people saw ended up not meaning anything, because everyone had a Y.

@St678557 I think so but only after they upload it

Yeah the code probably changes when the “view update” icon appears. @Cholo19

What’s your intended major @Cholo19

@kaygall18 then how did they know that there was an N option?

@St678557 I’m not sure. I read through last years EA thread and I remember them bringing up the whole N or Y things but it ended up not having any impact.

This web page will read data from an outside data source (database, or a file). You can not get the clue from the source code.

College of Engineering but undeclared major @St678557 hoping to do BME but EE or MechE might be more useful for this field

I applied for International Relations with a minor in German :slight_smile:

@sophiewmaine114 Just know that you need to complete an intermediate language 2 level and spend at least one semester abroad for IR majors. I wonder if NUin counts toward that and if they are still keeping NUin given how competitive admissions has become.