Northeastern University 2019 EA

@kxsmxs29 Yes

I don’t agree. Colleges do notify school counselors, especially they all have contacts in colleges. Things can change last minute but I don’t think high school counselors are guessing just like us. I know it for a fact.

Anyone guessing that today will be the day? I’ve been expecting Thursday since last week but now that we’re so close, I can’t help but wonder if it might be today!

Hope so

@skieurope @TomSrOfBoston @PengsPhils I’m 100% guessing, but I’m also 99% sure it will be today. Every indication points to it. ProudDad13 who was obviously a notable source(because they didn’t come out before the 23rd) said at least the 23rd. why wouldn’t he say at least the 24th? That, combined with the counselor rumors makes it definitely seem like there is a solid chance of them coming today.

Makes sense for them to come out today, but even then what is the most likely time it would come out?

@kxsmxs29 First wave at 4:00 I think.

I just know I’m getting deferred or denied so why am I so anxious

someone mentioned the portal being down from 6am-9am tomorrow. It’ll probably be tomorrow if that’s true. also someone mentioned a counselor said thursday is likely.

@kxsmxs29 EA and RD decisions have always followed the same release schedule. They start to be released between 3 and 4 PM Eastern time. They come out in waves roughly every hour. They start in Massachusetts, then New England, then mid-Atlantic then fan out south and west. The west coast may not hear until 7 or 8 PM Eastern (4-5 PM Pacific) time. International decisions seem to be mixed in with all the waves.

@TomSrOfBoston thanks for the information, guess i’ll know my decision very early

Question…I have 2 addresses on file, I applied domestic but one of my addresses is international due to the fact that I’m an American expat living in the Caribbean. Anyone think that my decision will be released alongside the international ones or with the Florida wave (my US address)?

Wish I had more concrete news, but its still “at least the 23rd” (which obviously is today). For my D’s sake I hope today is the day. Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!

Would you guess that it’ll be today or tomorrow? @ProudDad13

Acceptances do not seem as random to me as some suggest.

First acceptances should only be compared in the same program, for instance, equivalent SAT scores might not mean the same College of Engineering (someone rejected with a 1300) and D’Amore-McKim (accepted with a 1300) (Please note this is a made up example only I am not suggesting engineering would have a higher threshold than business, the point only is that the pool of applicants is a venn diagram that does not overlap). Beyond that the breakdown in SATs could be significant as well, ie. Reading test score is in the 99th percentile, but standard english conventions is 77th percentile. Does that matter? I do not know I am guessing it does otherwise why would it be provided in the SAT report schools receive. Is it better to be

And finally, as much as we all wish it wasn’t true, at many schools EFC matters. I do not have scientific data, but anecdotally there is enough evidence that EFC matters at many schools. If you think of an applicant pool in segments, a low EFC very likely is enough to push a person down. Probably not in the top 50% of qualifications, but the closer to the bubble you are, the more likely EFC is the tipping point.

From the air water looks the same, you have to be down in the weeds to know if it is fresh, salt, or brackish.

@Outof603 Some good points here. I have always wondered and have seen this back in my day when I applied. Let’s say you apply to Engineering as it has a high bar and you fall short but qualify otherwise for the school. Aren’t you typically getting in without your major (I forget the term for that)? I fell like some schools do this and others do not. If you like the school bad enough you will go and work your way into the program. So it seems a shame that you can get full on rejected because you can’t get your major.

@tbrixton After being accepted at Northeastern it is easy to change major. The exceptions are if you want to switch into Health Sciences or a portfolio program in CAMD. Those transfers would require another review of the application.

So… when are we are thinking it is going to come out???

Today or tomorrow!! yay!! I wish they would give us a definitive date. I wonder why they don’t… but whatevs!

@TomSrOfBoston seems more knowledgeable specifically to Northeastern, so I definitely defer to him, some of the other schools that I have applied to have made it clear switching majors between schools is a very difficult thing to do, and I just extrapolated that upon NEU. I have no actual insight beyond what I am experiencing this year.