Northeastern University 2019 EA

See post #1 above. I think the general consensus, whatever the specific date, is that the EA decisions will come out the week of January 14th, i.e., a week from tomorrow.

Hey guys!! This is all so exciting and nerve racking! I want to go to NU so bad it’s my top choice!

Me too! I can’t stand the wait. @kaygall18

I am sooo nervous! northeastern is my #1 choice but I couldn’t apply ED due to financial reasons. I doubt I’ll get in so I’m trying to not get my hopes up but it’s my absolute dream school.

My daughter also applied EA.

College of Arts, Media and Design
Weighted GPA: 4.35
Unweighted GPA: 4.0
Class Rank: 9 / 462
ACT: 36 composite
NMSF
11 AP’s

Extracurriculars:
Editor in chief of school magazine
National Honors Society
Cum Laude Society
National Art Honor Society
Couple Club Members
Volunteer at Hospital and Cat shelter (100+ hours)

Oh no, Jan 14th is my birthday…

Curious @zzd857 - Nothing against NEU, but find it hard to believe, with your daughter’s super-stats and proposed major, that this is her first choice. With those stats, assuming a Fine Arts degree, she could target Yale, Penn, Carnegie Mellon, and a host of elite schools with strong undergraduate fine arts programs. Also wondering if your daughter is considering dedicated art school. Good luck!

me too! @St678557 I’ll cross my fingers for the both of us!

Someone should call admissions and ask when decisions will be out.

My daughter is interested in Game design. Only a few good schools have this major. NEU is not her first choice. We are looking for a school providing merit scholarships. We do not want to pay $70000+ for it. NEU has a major Computer science and game development. She applied for it.

They will tell you that EA decisions will be released by February 1st.

I sent in an updated resume thru my applicant portal a few days back. today it says that the status is “OK”. all my other status like teacher recommendation and school report say “received”. Does this mean anything?

@18butterflies I recently contacted Northeastern about uploading supplemental information (e.g. “Why Northeastern” essay, mid-year grades, etc.) and was told that the deadline to upload optional documents under Status Check was December 15th. They may accept it, but not sure they will review at this point in the process, considering EA decision release will most likely be next week.

@StraightOuttaTX thanks! i think that makes sense then!

Hey! Would someone mind chancing me?
Major: physics and theatre
Weighted GPA: 4.4
Unweighted GPA: 4.0
Class Rank: 15/280
SAT: 1500
8 APs, 4s and 5s on tests

Extracurriculars:
International Thespian Society:Chapter president
Tri-M (music honors society): Chapter President
National Honors Society
All County and All State choirs multiple years
Performed in school musicals and plays with lead roles
Service:
Harford Glen 5th Grade Environmental program high school counselor
A few week long mission trips
Work:
Page at local public library

Match @kaygall18

Do you do your mission trips through Group Mission Trips work camp? I’ve been on four of those! @kaygall18

@St678557 I do my missions trips with my youth choir at my church. They’re really fun! We do a lot of work but we also have concerts for the people we serve, it’s really heartwarming.

Does anyone know the exact date ED 2 comes out ?

I would guess early February @Dsc1s10n