Northeastern University 2019 RD

Good luck to everyone!

actually NEU is mentioned according to this except from the court papers - (taken from here - https://www.universalhub.com/2019/feds-say-area-man-spent-12-million-bribes-get-his)

Henriquez and his wife are both charged with trying to get their two daughters into prestige schools. According to the indictment, though, Henriquez was able to waive some of the bribery payments by working his Northeastern connections to get somebody else’s kid into Northeastern’s College of Social Sciences and Humanities.

According to the indictment, Henriquez agreed to use his influence at Northeastern to win the student admission. Unfortunately for him, the person who was acting as bagman for the bribes was actually working for the feds as an informant in their investigation.

On or about October 26, 2016, in an e-mail to a senior development officer at Northeastern University, MANUEL HENRIQUEZ described the Northeastern applicant as an “excellent candidate for the College of Social Sciences and Humanities.” MANUEL HENRIQUEZ then e-mailed CW-1 [Singer]: “Just confirmed with the university, have [the applicant] file [early decision] normal channels to get into the systems and make sure his application is complete. Then the folks I connected will flag it.”

On or about November 1, 2016, MANUEL HENRIQUEZ met with the applicant in Atherton, California, and thereafter relayed details about the meeting to his contact at Northeastern. MANUEL HENRIQUEZ then followed up with CW-1: “I liked him very much, and just informed the school according[ly]. It is now in their hands, and they understand he is looking for [early decision], and I will reinforce early next week.”

MANUEL HENRIQUEZ repeatedly followed up with Northeastern officials in Boston about the applicant’s candidacy. The student was ultimately admitted to Northeastern. The applicant’s parents paid CW-1 $250,000 after he was admitted.

wait, and sorry for the ignorance, so we are not sure that some decisions can be released today?

Any releases so far?

No, I don’t think they release until 4-5 (in Massachusetts at least, which is the first zone)

Yeah I haven’t heard anything either- I live in CT

@kiddie I’d be curious to know what the students stats were.

I’m assuming way below a level where they would even stand a chance.

**In the past EA decisions start to be released between 3 and 5 PM Eastern time. They are released in hourly waves with Boston area first then New England then mid-Atlantic then it fans out south and west. If you are on the west coast you will not hear until about 7 or 8 PM Eastern time. **

found this in another article - I wonder if the alum calling NEU had any effect whatsoever - In a statement, Northeastern said that “while it is not uncommon for alumni and others to recommend applicants for consideration, Northeastern evaluates each applicant on the merits of their application.”

^^^ I meant RD decisions in post 188.

What if they come out today

i’m assuming that they will end up coming out today, but who knows

I do hope it’s today but also I’m trying not to get my hopes up. For whoever asked about emails earlier, the email comes as soon as the decision is out. That’s how it was for EA, I had been checking my portal every couple minutes and my email came at the same time as the decision release.

How much was EA delayed by?

Another quick note for anyone in the South- I live in South Carolina and my EA decision was posted at almost exactly 7pm so RD times will likely be the same.

@Justakid129 They came out January 23, and they were expected the week before based on last year’s release date (maybe expected like around the 17th from what I remember), so just about a week after.

Oh god if it ends up being another week

Was Ed 2 released on a date similar to last year’s or was that delayed too?

The early honors RD acceptances came out at around the same time as they did last year, right? So maybe the admissions office was caught off guard by the large number of applicants during the EA round, and has managed to get back on schedule for RD… just some wishful thinking