Decision: Accepted! (Deferred EA)
ACT: 33
SAT: 1460 (didn’t submit)
GPA: 4.0 UW / 5.1 W (on a 6.0 scale)
State/Country: IL
Major: Cell and Molecular Biology
Did you apply for FA?: Yes
Dean’s Scholarship: 12k a year
Honors/NMF/etc?: Honor Roll/Principal’s Scholar, Illinois State Scholar, AP Scholar w Distinction
Letters of Rec: pretty strong (from 2 AP teachers and my choir conductor who I’ve known basically my entire life)
Essay: 8/10
Extracurricular: Vice President of a medical club, on the executive board for NHS, intern at a research lab at a notable museum, choir outside of school for 10 years, numerous other clubs + activities + work experience
AP: 8 total including this year – AP Human Geography (5), AP World (5), APUSH (5), AP Psych (4), AP Seminar (4), taking AP Biology, AP Research, and AP Language and Composition this year

Decision (and if deferred EA): Deferred EA, Rejected RD
SAT/ACT (Superscore): 33 one sitting
GPA (UW/W + Scale Info): 3.74 UW, 4.22 W
State/Country: WA
Major: Math/Comp Sci
Honors/NMF/etc?: NHS, Team Captains, Hispanic, 11 APs

Overall, it is very competitive and my stats were slightly below average, along with ECs–not too surprised by decision.

deferred Ea, deferred RD
Comp. Sci
95 uw, 103 weighted
SAT 1520
NMF
12 APs & 6 CL rest honors classes
some clubs, & leadership.
NY

first what are the chances of getting of wait listed? Should my son send loci? Didn’t visit the school, not sure if that effected decision. Also if by some miracle he gets off wait list is merit available & fin aid?

Just curious, how many ppl does Northeastern waitlist and how many do they accept off it?

Decision: Accepted for RD
SAT/ACT (Superscore): 1530 SAT in the first try
GPA (UW/W + Scale Info): Full IB diploma with 38/45. School does not calculate GPA but apparently it is 3.65 UW and 4.17 W.
State/Country: International
Major: Economics and Mathematics
Did you apply for FA?: No
Honors/NMF/etc?: none
Extracurriculars- nothing special but have played cricket for my school over the years, some Ecas related To economics, Maths club, MUN, law academy club, volunteering in a child labour NGO etc

Where else have you been accepted: Warwick, Bristol, Edinburgh and Durham in the UK, McGill and UBC in Canada and Uni of Washington and Northeastern in the US.
Where have you been rejected: Dartmouth ED (ha ha)
Where else are you waiting from: UCLA,UC Berkeley, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Georgetown, UCSD, USC, Uni of Michigan and Uni of Toronto.

Reaction: Happy and relieved that I still have a chance for some of the harder unis and colleges!!

Does anyone have the “NU bound” offer? What does it mean?

@collegebritgirl8 sounds like you were admitted to the NU.in program. You weren’t rejected. You study abroad your first semester then go to the Boston campus starting January 2020.

@rayliu https://www.northeastern.edu/admissions/academics/specialized-entry/nu-bound-china/

My son also received the offer for the new school in London. He’s lived in the US for 10 years and is a US citizen, but I’m guessing they just saw “born in England” on his application.

@ncw2000 Is NCH just for the fall term?

@TomSrOfBoston
No. 3 years in London which would then result in “preferred admissions to select graduate programs at Northeastern”. We had never even heard of this option.

@ncw2000 Me neither.

Decision (and if deferred EA): Rejected RD
SAT/ACT (Superscore): 1420/32
GPA (UW/W + Scale Info): 4.0 UW
State/Country: Pennsylvania
Major: Neuroscience
Letters of Recc: 10/10 for sure.
Essay: 9/10, definitely my best writing I’ve ever produced
Honors/NMF/etc?: QuestBridge College Prep Scholar & National College Match Finalist and some local awards
Extracurriculars: Student Council President (3 years), member of Citywide Student Government (2 years), member of string quartet that volunteers at schools/art museums/etc (3 years), violinist in a bunch of orchestras, member of my school’s QuizBowl team (3 years), captain of Mathletes (2 years).

Accepted
SAT: 1320
GPA: 3.55
State: FL
Major: Mechanical engineering

rejected!!! not surprised nor disappointed; already pretty set on another school

SAT/ACT: 1440/35
GPA: 3.6 UW, probably around 4.0 weighted
State: WA
Major: math
FA: yes
10 APs
AP scholar w honor
ECs: a few with a frick ton of dedication - Japanese school, co-founding science olympiad, math club, martial arts, viola/orchestra, etc.

Decision (and if deferred EA): Rejected RD
SAT/ACT (Superscore): 35
GPA (UW/W + Scale Info): 4.0 UW, 4.8 W
State/Country: California
Major: Computer Science
Letters of Recc: 10/10
Essay: 9/10, I definitely put my best foot forward for all of my essays.
Extracurriculars: Pianist (11 years), Guitarrist & violinist (9 years), concert master of my school’s orchestra (2 years), member of my school orchestra (4 years), captain of my local varsity ice hockey team, programmer with over 3 years of experience

Accepted RD!! not my first choice school (I already got in there a while ago (U of Rochester)) but I figured my stats might help someone in the future, so here we go.

GPA: 3.96 Weighted
SAT: 1450
ACT: 33 (34 superscore)
State: PA
Major: Environmental Engineering
Rec letters: from my AP Chem teacher, who had me for honors chem as well, and from my AP Calc teacher who I’m having for the second year
ECs: nothing too crazy, concert band, concert chorus, select chorus, I played volleyball from 7th grade through junior year for the school team/club team, i’m in a few clubs at school, NHS, the only thing that I would say held real value would be the few short story/poetry writing competitions I’ve won and/or placed in.
Took 11 APs total
My stats aren’t amazing and super crazy (I really thought I was going to get denied) and I’m pretty sure the major reason I got in was because of my essay. I don’t know how high northeastern holds the common app essay in their acceptance process, but I answered the question “Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?” and it had to do with my experiences on how certain aspects of beauty are portrayed and how they’ve affected me since I was quite young. (trying to keep out of specifics, it was really, really personal)

Hope this helps someone out there!!!

Decision: Accepted RD (Deferred EA)
SAT: did not take
ACT: 34
GPA (UW/W): 3.8/4.1
State: CA
Major: Nursing
FA: Yes

deferred ea
accepted rd into NUin
sat: 1460
gpa: 4.0 UW, 4.71 W