Northeastern University 2019 RD

Decision: Accepted! + University Honors Program (and Scholarship)
SAT/ACT (Superscore): 1480 (I only took it once)
GPA (UW/W + Scale Info): 3.82/4.2 (4.0 if straight A’s and no APs; Only APs are weighted)
State/Country: California
Major: Computer Engineering and Computer Science
Did you apply for FA?: Yes

If anyone has any questions about my other stats, I would be happy to answer them :slight_smile:

@TomSrOfBoston @PengsPhils Any speculation on if this is the end of Honors Program acceptances? Son was deferred to RD from EA and still doesn’t have a decision… I think he has a decent chance at acceptance, but wondering if a chance at honors is now past.

@kforty2 There will still be some honors acceptances in RD I believe but they will be limited. That said, the honors program at Northeastern is more about scholarships + perks (mainly housing) than any difference in academic or co-op experience, so I wouldn’t worry too much about honors. There are of course also scholarships seen outside the honors scholarships that will also still be available RD.

What is MITES and MOSTEC? Are these current acceptances only for honors?

I recieved my RD decision 2/13, but I didnt realize until today haha.

Decision: Accepted (+Honors Program, which means ~30k in merit scholarships)
ACT: 35 (34 English/Math, 35 Reading/Science)
GPA: 3.73 UW/4.23W (AP Counts as a 5, Honors as 4.5 for an A which is a 90 or above)
State: North Carolina
Major:Economics
EC:Captain of my Rowing Team, Skip of my Curling Team, President of the school’s Student Sign Language Association, Competitive piano, and a job.
APs: Psych, Eng. Lang, APES, Calc (AB and BC), US History, Music Theory, Statistics, Eng. Lit

I think the big reason I got in were my extracurriculars. Northeastern is located in Boston near a great curling center, and a lot of other colleges (Harvard, MIT, BU) have started curling clubs, but they don’t have one yet. I’m probably going to start one if I end up going. Northeastern is also one of the only colleges that I know of in the country that offers American Sign Language as a major (The only other one I know of is UNC Greensboro). Either way, I’m super excited because Northeastern was my top choice and with the scholarship I may actually be able to attend!

Anyone from Florida hear back yet?

@sfruhling MITES and MOSTEC are summer programs for rising underrepresented juniors. They’re held on MIT’s campus and are known to be very prestigious. MITES only accepted ~3% of applicants, so it’s know to be quite a big accomplishment to get in.

I applied early action for NEU and got deferred. So im going to be considered in the Regular Decision pool now right? And as many people are getting decision this week im guessing over the next few weeks I will hear something. I applies for the business school.

My stats are
1470 SAT
800 SAT II Math 1
Class rank 23/718
Decent EC and essay

What are my chances of being accepted into Business School from Reg decision? I know friends who got into Comp Sci school with a 1350 and lower rank which somewhat disappoined me. Does sending admissions counselor’s an update of my stats over the past few months help? NEU was my top choice so I really would like to get in.

When do decisions normally come out?

@putinator Please read the first post for details on that!

I was told a few days ago on feb 13 that I was admitted. I also got into the honors college. Good Luck!!

@PengsPhils your first post says decisions are 4/1 but may come earlier and it says 4/13… do you mean 3/13?

@sfruhling Thanks for catching that! Fixed it in the first post.

First post, so please forgive any fopaws.

My D received her email last week. It’s her first acceptance, and it’s nice that it has come from one of her top choices. She has grown up in Spain and only knows LA (my hometown), but she loves the idea of Boston. I have only been to Boston once to drop my other D off at a Summer program at Berklee College of Music. Unfotunately, I didn’t get to see NU. She knows a few other kids from Spain that are attending NU, and they love it. She had a 3.92UW.

Do you think anymore decisions will be released before the actual date ?

Sorry, I dont exactly remember, but did applicants have to specifically apply to the honors college or state somewhere in the application that they want to attend the honors college? Also were they only releasing honors college acceptances?

There was no reference to honours in my D’s letter.

I applied RD and got my decision last Wednesday (2/13). I got into the honors program and the D’Amore-McKim School of Business.
ACT: 35
Unweighted GPA: 3.98 (A is a 4.0 and A- is a 3.7)
State: Indiana
Major: finance
AP’s: AP World History 5, AP Calculus BC 5, AP U.S. History 5, AP Physics C 5, AP Language and Composition 5, AP European History, AP Statistics, AP Biology

I got into the honors college, but I didn’t specifically apply to it or mark it down anywhere in my application.

I got into the Honors Program last week as well. Some basic stats:
1580 SAT (800 Math 780 Reading), 800 Physics, 800 Math 2,
AP Calc BC (5), AP English Lang (5), AP Comp Sci A (5), AP US History (5), AP Physics 1 (5)
UW: 4.0, W: 4.74

Kinda surprised they release without looking at midyear reports but I’m pretty sure Northeastern is concerned primarily with stats, or at least moreso than other colleges.