Northeastern University 2019 RD

My guess is that the email only went to RD applicants. If I recall correctly, the same email went out to all of the EA applicants a couple of weeks before the decisions were released.
My daughter applied EA, was deferred and emailed her admissions counselor directly (not sure if that counts as a LOCI). She did not receive the email discussed above.

i didnt get one either… but then again… ive been in contact with my admissions rep all this time… sent her an email stating that i was still interested and gave her all my updates and mid term grades

Decision (and if deferred EA): Accepted, Honors, Honors Scholarship
SAT/ACT (Superscore): 34
GPA (UW/W + Scale Info): 4.72/4.0
State/Country: Florida
Major: Design
Did you apply for FA?: yes
Honors/NMF/etc?: Scholastic Art Awards, SEM Photography Scholar, AP Scholar, nothing major but lots of state awards

Is there still a chance to be accepted into Honors or with a merit scholarship regular decision if we have not heard yet? GPA is 4.38, SAT 1590, Math2 Sub Test 800, 15 AP classes, primarily AP Physics, AP Chem, AP Calc, etc. all 4 or 5.applied to the engineering school. Thoughts?

Does anyone know how the scholarships for honors and NMF compare this year?

Yeah, I sent in a LOCI and didn’t get an email.

Has anyone else received any decisions?

did anyone apply to CAMD? or know the stats of accepted students from previous years?

Question: I applied early action and was deferred, was it bad that I didn’t send in a LOCI?

@AwaitingApplicant131 It would have helped if you had sent a LOCI.

Is it too late to send a LOCI? I uploaded mine today.

wait how do i even send a LOCI, do i have to do that?

AAAAAHHHH!!! the waiting is killing me!!!

I’d email the LOCI to your specific counselor (the one listed in your portal)

Are all the honors college decisions out, or will there be another wave?

I just looked back at my sons portal & I don’t believe he even sent a LOIC… He also never had an email to do so. It does say he is in defend to RD. He had had his mid year grades sent & he notified them he was a NMF as well. It all shows up on his file. Should he send a letter as well? What should it state? I would also like to add his states & what is possiablilty of getting in.
SAt 1520, unweighted gpa 95, weighted 103, 12 aps, 6 CL, rest all honors. top 10%, doesn’t rank.
NMF

My son was deferred EA to RD as well. He just followed up on the portal I believe. It does state on there differed to RD. Should he follow up with an LOCI as well? I do see they received mid yr grades & his email about being NMF was posted received.

My daughter didn’t receive an email asking for a LOCI, and applied RD. I have been in communication with the FA department recently though, so maybe that shows them she is still interested? NEU is her 2nd choice, but would be 1st if the FA package is better than her 1st choice (she’s been accepted EA to her 1st, but the FA package is not good). Waiting on her 3rd choice school as well, and that one will be MY first choice if she’s accepted as she will be guaranteed a fantastic FA package there. We shall see!

@lovemycats D19 was deferred, similar stats as your son. She wrote to her regional rep. and briefly explained why she applied to Northeastern specifically and included a couple of updates. Her rep. responded very enthusiastically and said the new info. was helpful and she would ensure that it was placed with her file when re-evaluated for RD. It would have been ideal to send this earlier, so I would recommend your son send one asap.

It’s hard to know what to do in this process, esp. if you are on your own (ie no personalized college counseling at your h.s.) and it’s your first child going through the process. I honestly don’t know how important it is to write a LOCI in terms of outcomes, but given the response my D19 received, I believe it was well received.

This is actually my 2nd child going through college but I haven’t experienced been deferred before. Being that is said on the website to just update status (think that’s what he did) he didn’t send a LOCI. He will be doing this tomorrow now. We did contact them by phone about him advancing to NMF & was told to upload info straight through portal. I believe he had to send a picture of the certificate. thank you.