Northeastern University 2020 EA

Accepted with 22k a year Dean’s Scholarship
1550 SAT
4.05 weighted
800 French SAT II, 770 Math SAT II
18 on SAT Essay
5 on AP Psych

Kind of lame kids can’t login. You’d have thought they would’ve anticipated this. D has midterms tomorrow and can’t think of anything but this decision…

@2022soon it’s in the comments

Accepted with $20K scholarship
SAT: 1540
GPA 4.25 out of 4.3 UW
State: VT
Major: Computer Science
applies for FA

So happy!!

@2022soon if you go to NUAdmissions timeline on Twitter (not just what you see in your own timeline if you follow them on twitter) you’ll see they replied to a couple of people. Someone asked “Are decisions in waves this year?” and they replied “Yes, we will indeed be releasing decisions throughout the evening.”

Hi Everyone, This is my first time on College Confidential so my apologies if I don’t post correctly. I was accepted into Engineering! 1530 (800 on math), 3.8 GPA. I got a Connections Scholarship, $16k/year. I am really happy and grateful. However: Does anyone know how it is determined which type of scholarship an applicant receives? It seems like the Dean’s is more money, and Honors is even more. I think I read that Dean’s seems to get around $22k and Honors around $30k. Am I correct? And, what are the qualifications to be accepted into the Honors program? I don’t mean to seem ungrateful, but you know, the money difference is quite a lot. Thank you…

Deferred
SAT: 1590
GPA 3.93 UW
State: NJ
Major: Business
did not apply for FA
Killer Common App essay + founded international non-profit to benefit farmers in developing countries + student body president + debate captain + MUN Secretary General

Yield Protection? Makes no sense to me that I didn’t get in Northeastern was one of my safety schools.

Has anyone from Pennsylvania gotten anything?

@CAtransplant thanks! Weird they didn’t just announce it like that in the first place. Oh well builds the drama, haha.

Decision: Accepted, 30k merit/honors college
SAT/ACT: 1470 (super-scored)
GPA: 4.7
State/Country: Western MA
Major: Biochemistry
Did you apply for FA?: Yes

Over the moon right now!!! Hope to see some of y’all there!!!

Nope. Only thing I’m getting right now is a 404 error.

@MathZany194

That’s why you didn’t get in!!

Northeastern and many schools do not like applicants using them as a safety.

Decision: deferred
ACT:35
GPA:3.92 W
State: NJ
Major: came
Applied for financial aid: Y

I’m from MD and was able to get the portal to load but no update yet!

“Yield Protection? Makes no sense to me that I didn’t get in Northeastern was one of my safety schools.” That is exactly it. They do not want to be treated like a safety school, so they defer applicants with very high grades who have shown 0 demonstrated interest. They want to admit students who will likely enroll, thus having a higher yield.

Is the check website down?? i keep getting a 404

DEFERRED!! SOOO Disappointed!!!

GPA 4.36 W All honors and AP…no grade less than 97/100
SAT 1490
Presumed valedictorian (although not officially announced yet)

[QUOTE=""]

650 volunteer hours
Student Ambassador
Service Coordinator
President, Student Council
Secretary, Model UN
Founder and President of fund-raising club
Volleyball (Freshman and Sophomore years) couldn’t continue due to medical issue
Completed Women In Technology Program
Marketing Intern 2 years; blog on college admissions…can’t wait to add this experience
National Honor Society
National Spanish Honor Society
2 highest in class science awards
2 best position papers Model UN
Harvard Book Award
Merit scholarship from my school’s alumni association
Dedication to service award 2016 - present
Distinguished senior award 11/2019
Double Legacy (both parents)
My mother worked there for several years
Showed SO MUCH interest…visited several times, rode on their earthquake simulator (almost had a heart attack! lol)
Highest student on Naviance grid to ever apply from my school…
in prior years, usually NU accepts at least 2 students every year.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the rant…I am just SOOO unhappy right now. I don’t know… WHAT MORE COULD I HAVE DONE, NU!!!

I applied for financial aid. I guess my dream is over because if they did not want me enough to accept me, they certainly are not going to give me any $$ and cannot do it w/o.

when did u try it? Recently I’ve only been able to get 404-file or directory not found.

@MathZany194
You answered your own question when you said NU was your safety school.
NU is definitely not in the range of safety for any student. If you come to be genuinely interested later, show them! Meanwhile you will get lots of acceptances.

Best of luck!!

I feel like for $68k/year, the portal can work when they send an email saying it’s ready.