Northeastern University 2020 EA

Decision: accepted (slightly confused as to how honors program works?? wasn’t admitted)
SAT: 1550
WGPA: 4.26 (3.7 UW)
State/Country: NJ
Major: chemistry
Did you apply for FA: no, dean’s scholarship of 14k/yr

D was accepted into Nursing program. We’re from Connecticut and this is her first choice. She’s beside her self with joy! Guess it was worth the frustration of the portal being down. Good luck everyone.

Decision: Accept! yay
SAT/ACT: 31 and 33 two separate sittings, 34 superscore
GPA: 3.86/4
State/Country: CA
Major: psychology
Did you apply for FA?: no

Denied from Oklahoma
Stats:
31 ACT
3.75 Unweighted/ 4.1 Weighted GPA
Cybersecurity major
Some unique and deep ECs
Showed a ton of interest, did all the webinars, good communication with admissions counselor (who was awesome, btw.) Couldn’t visit due to distance, but did everything I could to show sincere interest. Looks like ACT and GPA just weren’t high enough. Looking at all your stats - wow! You guys are incredibly impressive.
Always figured this was a huge reach but loved the idea of the co-op.

Just got a letter in the mail with incredibly generous merit and grants from one of my top choices, so this doesn’t sting as much as I thought it would. I’ll miss this forum, though. Thanks to @PengsPhils and @TomSrOfBoston for always doing a great job keeping people calm and informed.

Congrats to everyone who got in, and good luck to all who are waiting to hear. We will end up where we are supposed to be!

Congrats! My daughter applied to nursing and was deferred. Would you mind sharing her stats? Wondering if she has a shot in RD.

@pinky020816 same here. honors program, 27K honors scholarship.

Denied (pls read)
SAT 1360
Weighted GPA 4.97
State: FL
Many extracurriculars with various leadership positions (7 through the years)and high volunteer. Many AICE and APs (12)
Thinking my weak point was my SAT score
Can anyone offer anything about this? I was hoping for a deferral and not a straight-up no haha.

Deferred check!! ??

Decision: Deferred
SAT/ACT: 1510
GPA: 3.7 UW
State/Country: TN
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Did you apply for FA?: Yes
Any shot at getting in RD? I think I’ve demonstrated interest through touring and applying to NUin etc

Decision: Accepted with Honors Program!! (merit 24k/year)
SAT: 1520, ACT: 35
WGPA: 4.87
EC’s: hockey team captain, clubs, band, honor societies
Major: Bioengineering
Did you apply need based FA: No
Region: MD

accepted!
major undecided
gpa 4.2 W / 3.9 something UW
sat 1600
location bay area CA
1 job, vp of 2 clubs, some extracurriculars
don’t remember if i applied for FA need based
got the deans scholarship for $96,000 in total over 4 years

Deferred
1500, 3.8 UW / 4.3 Weighted
Well in the upper tier of Naviance accepted applicants from my school.

This stings. Especially because it’s my favorite school yet they had ZERO supplements for me to demonstrate that. ;( It looks like I’m going to keep getting deferred from my favorites

After taking so long for the portal to load, I was accepted!!
Stats:
NY
ACT: 32, 32, 33 (35 superscore)
96.8 Weighted GPA
Northeastern Explore major
16k per year Dean’s scholarship

In all the years that I have been monitoring Northeastern decisions here on CC this is the first time they have had systems issues. It is very annoying but these things happen. (Delta airlines was pretty much shut down for a full day because of a system issue.)

From the email that was shared by @piesquared the total number of applications ED/EA/RD is about 64,000. This would be an increase from last year of about 2000 applications. The ED I acceptance rate is about 37% and the EA acceptance rate is about 16%. In both cases not counting NU In decisions.

Congratulations to all those accepted and to those deferred there is hope for the RD round. Send a LOCI that focuses on how the unique features of Northeastern would help you attain your goals. And if you are upset that you were deferred from your “safety” school, well

Decision: Deferred
ACT: 35
WGPA: 4.86 (3.81 Unweighted, really competitive high school)
State/Country: IL
Major: CS/Media Arts
Did you apply for FA: No

So sorry you were denied. I have no insight to offer other than maybe your SAT was a tad low compared to the other applicants. You will end up at the school you are supposed to be at. Good luck with the rest of your decisions.

Decision: Accepted with Deans Scholarship
SAT/ACT: 1550
GPA: 3.96 UW/4.78 W
Full IB diploma
State/Country: CO
Major: Computer science & media arts
Did you apply for FA?: yes

Deferred.
SAT: 1340
ACT: 30
WGPA: 4.2

Assuming this was a reply to me. Thank you for the response! I think that could be why, I am disappointed but this was my first decision to be released with many more to go. Wishing everyone luck!