Major: Business
Female
White
Did you apply for FA?: NO

Decision: Accepted!
Merit Scholarship: Deanā€™s Scholarship, $64k
ACT: 35
GPA: 3.95 unweighted, 4.5 weighted
Courseload: 9 AP classes taken, 10 AP tests taken (one was self-study)
State: WI
Public School :slight_smile:
Major: Health Science
Did you apply for FA: Yes
Activities: Debate co-captain and underclassmen coach and was nationally ranked and second in state, 270+ hours community service per year, 2 jobs, paid and volunteer singer, conducted psychology research for a University.
Honors: M3 Challenge Honorable mention, National merit, NHS, AP scholar with distinction
Essays: I mean, it was an essay. I think I have a personality, but sometimes Iā€™m not so sure.
Did you show interest: Not really. Spoke with an AO at a school college fair, but thatā€™s really it.

Iā€™m wondering the same thing.

I was deferred for early action; here are my stats for peopleā€™s future reference:

-White female
-Upper middle class
-Attends competitive suburban public high school in Texas
-Applied for political science major and honors college
-Did not apply for financial aid

Interest:
-Visited campus but didnā€™t take a formal tour/go to an info session because it was move-in weekend and none were available
-Know a current student and spoke with her before applying
-Iā€™ve followed NU on insta for at least a year

Objective:
-Took the SAT 3 times, got a 1260 the first time and got 1460s the second and third times; super score is a 1470
-Never took the ACT
-740 on SAT subject test world history
-720 on SAT subject test us history
-Iā€™ll have taken 14 ap classes and 13 ap tests by the time I graduate; the rest of my classes have been pre-ap
-Iā€™ve taken world history (5); European history (5); US history (never took the test due to a scheduling error from college board); statistics (5); language and composition (5); capstone seminar (4); physics 1 (1).
-Iā€™ll take literature and composition, calculus bc, us government, macroeconomics, French 4, capstone research, and biology this year.
-3.91 unweighted gpa; 5.432 weighted; ranked 34/651

Objective:
-felt like my common app essay was pretty good/unique life experience
-glowing rec from ap Lang teacher
-good rec from French teacher of 2 years
-kinda generic but still good rec from counselor

ECs:
-Leos Club: 4 years; treasurer junior year; vp senior year
-Model Un: 3 years; treasurer junior year
-Choir: 3 years
-Youth & Government: 1 year (senior year); judicial team
-Volunteer AP lang and comp tutor junior and senior year
-Volunteered as a phone banker for a candidate for my local school board the spring of my junior year
-Worked as a self-employed baby-sitter sophomore year and on

Summer:
-ACLU Summer Advocacy Institute
-Stanford Intensive Law and Trial
-Georgetown Summer Academy: American Politics

Honors and Awards:
-National Merit Semi-finalist
-National Honor Society
-French National Honor Society
-National English Honor Society
-AP Scholar with distinction
-Candidate for AP Capstone Diploma and AP Seminar and Research Certificate
-NYT student podcast compƩtition second round finalist
-Scholastic Writing Contest silver key
-National French Exam silver medal

Iā€™ll send a letter of continued interest in a couple weeks and hope for the best I guess.

In my kidā€™s portal, under the PDF ā€œdecision letterā€ is a PDF ā€œscholarshipā€

Deffered :((

Decision: Accepted
SAT/ACT: 1520
GPA: 97.7 (sorry no 4.0 scale)
State/Country: NJ
Major: Chemical Engineering
Did you apply for FA?: Yes

Decision: defer
SAT/ACT: 33
GPA: 4.16
State/Country: AR
Major: Undecided

Not surprised but I kind of thought theyā€™d take me more seriously because itā€™s clear theyā€™re not a safety to me but oh well, good luck with regular decision

Decision: Accepted w/ 18k per year
SAT/ACT: ACT 34
GPA: 3.9 Weighted, 96.38 Unweighted/ 98.74 W
State/Country: NY
Major: Computer Science & Media Studies
Other: I visited and talked to the Khoury College advisor (simply emailed and set up a meeting), also resent an updated resume to my admissions counselor 12/24/2020
Notable things?: ISEF Finalist 2019 (big plus), lots of research (gr8), 5 APs total and 1 IB (not strong), joined clubs in sophomore/junior year of HS (not strong)

I feel like I was a strong applicant, but hearing other peoples ECs, scores and stuff that got deferred just goes to show how much of a crapshoot it really is.

Decision: Accepted; Honors Program w/ $30k per year scholarship!!!
SAT/ACT: 1540 super-scored
GPA: 4.54 (Class Rank 9/460ish)
State/Country: VA
Major: Political Science and Business Administration

Iā€™m so excited!!! Northeastern is a solid option and I am seriously considering attending.

@leapyearG Did you check to see if you were awarded any grants through financial aid? Those stack with merit and most importantly are GUARANTEED every year and increase with tuition increases. Perhaps combined, you can make it work. Donā€™t forget to factor in co ops earnings as well as the fact you will have 6 month periods where you are not paying tuition and have a longer period of time to recover financially and save money.
Another way we are saving money is that as a sophomore, my student is in an apartment and not on a meal plan. This is saving about $6,800 per year.

Decision: Accepted with 16k/year Dean Scholarship
SAT/ACT: 36 (SAT 1530, but did not submit)
GPA: 3.75UW, 4.68 WGPA
State/Country: MA
Major: CE/CS of CofEngr
Did you apply for FA?: YES (but incomplete since we found out that it will not get any)
NMSF, National Silver/Gold award in art. 6 APs and 5 more APs in Senior.
Waitlist from UMass Amherst (biggest surprised), also admitted into Purse SofEngr.

So the admission is very unpredictable and frustrated process.

Scholarship: 18k/yr (Deanā€™s)
SAT/ACT: 1510 (1 sitting- 760 English, 750 Math)
GPA: not sure uw (3.9ish?) / 4.647 w
Major: Data Science and Behavioral Neuroscience (Khoury College of Computer Sciences)

I think what helped me stand out from other ppl was that I toured earlier this year and then sent my admissions officer an email about how much I loved it and appreciated/would use its many resources, along with a question for her. Also maybe my job b/c ~experiential learning~

Kinda bummed I didnā€™t get into the honors college b/c thatā€™s just the type of person I am but def happy to get in and get any $ at all, especially considering my pretty low SAT. I really love northeastern and am overall super excited!!

What is a loci ? Can someone explain

Decision: rejected
SAT/ACT: 1580
GPA: 3.3 unweighted
State/Country: new york city
Major: psychology
Did you apply for FA?: yes

• Asian female, poor economic background, competitive public high school

Letter of continued interest

Letter of continued interest. Can help you explain your interest in Northeastern further if youā€™ve been deferred and want to get on their radar as a more serious applicant for the RD pool. :slight_smile:

Admitted NUIn!!

Business:management

From NJ

92 unweighted QPA in all honors high school (does not weight, and seems to fare well at NEU based on Naviance), senior year-full college course load on local college campus.

28 ACTā€¦was worried about this, not the best standardized test taker despite prep and multiple attempts.

Strong ECā€™s and community service in dance and theater.

SO excited to learn more about the NUIn locations! Congratulations to everyone!

Merit Scholarship: Deanā€™s Scholarship, $14k/year
SAT: 1520
GPA: 3.93 unweighted
Courseload: 5 AP classes taken, 6 AP tests taken (one was self-study)
State: HI
Private School
Major: Computer Science
Honors: National merit semi-finalist
Did you show interest: Went to tour campus

Does the dean scholarship vary? I got it as well but only received 14k, not 18k a year.