Northeastern University 2020 EA

since this one seems like the only active thread left, anyone wanna chance me?

I am from central VA. I am applying for Cybersecurity, I applied EA. M, White, middle class.

GPA: 3.3, W: 3.8 (both approx, depends on this year) I know that is low, but I had a concussion junior year and missed a lot of school, which both my counselor and I explained in my app.

SAT: 1490 (M:730 E&W: 760) < that is superscored but my 1 sitting is 1480 so i don’t think it’ll matter that much

APs completed:
Compsci A,
Human Geo,
Calc AB,
Lang,
Physics I

AP’s this year:
Calc BC,
Chem,
Litcomp,
Gov’t

Extracurriculars:
In a touring alt rock band,
race mountain bikes at national level and sponsored for it by several companies (Gopro, 100%, OGIO, ODI and a few others)
build computers/ hacking competitions,
marching band,
varsity swimming,
volunteering.

Honors: NHS,
BETA? idk if that counts

Taken 2 languages (Mandarin and Spanish)

Took the compsci AP, got a 4

I would’ve applied ED but i’m afraid I won’t get the FA i need

@DrSenioritis good question! I will be curious to see. The only thing with Northeastern’s decisions is often you are deferred first then admitted later If qualified and continued interest is demonstrated. So do not get discouraged. I keep reminding my son of that. Northeastern takes patience, but is well worth it.

Are they usually released at 4pm est?

Here is some info provided by PengsPhils on another thread:
2018-2019 EA Decisions
EA - Wednesday - January 23rd - 4PM rolling out geographically
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/northeastern-university/2111763-northeastern-university-2019-ea-p1.html

Did they do anything last year on twitter/instagram to indicate that they were releasing decisions on the day they decided? If not, would it hurt me to email the admissions counselor to ask?

I think for ED1 this year they tweeted out at the time of decisions to the specific region they were out for. You could always ask admissions but I’m sure they’ll just say “you’ll get a notification when there’s a decision in your portal”

@gg26706 The email and tweet come out simultaneously with the decisions. There is no advance notice. If you call them they will say that decisions will be out by February 1.

Last year, EA decisions came out on January 23rd. At 4:03 p.m. EST that day, @NUAdmissions tweeted:

“Hey New England #NUHuskys! Time to check your email…”

The message included a pic of a husky dog with the words “EA decisions have been released! Check your email!”

I guess today isn’t the day?

Hi! I’m from New York. Can’t wait to see what happens :slight_smile:

@DrSenioritis it seems it’s not. I’m from VT, and I assume they would have sent something by now. Hopefully next week!

So todays the 15th…not out yet unfortunately :frowning:
Im NY btw

I y’all so I am really stressing about this so I channelled my stress into researching the days that which EA decisions came out. The announcement on twitter can come from anywhere from noon - 7:00 pm est. Usually the day of the week does not matter and if EDI is released on say a weds then EA will not necessarily come out on a weds. Good luck y’all I am currently shaking.

What do you think @piesquared

@Dobberr515 Twitter announcements have never come out until the decisions come out around 4 PM Eastern. Also decisions have never come out on a Monday or Friday.

Wait you’re from VT? Same here. What school? @EscharfVT

@Dobberr515 The past 3-4 years EA and RD decisions have been Wednesdays. ED is a different case. A social media post, if it happens, is always at the 4PM EST range with the first decision wave.

Will the merit offer come simultaneously? She is a National Merit semifinalist.

Merit and honors come at the same time. Financial aid should as well but often requires more forms and can come later.

@silverpurple There is no specific merit award for NM Semifinalist. When she is named finalist you would notify Northeastern and the merit award may be increased at that time.