Northeastern University 2020 EA

NU is need aware

Does that mean all possible aid has been posted to the accepted applicants?

Decision: Accepted
SAT/ACT: 1550 (780M/770 EBRW)
State/Country: International
Major: Electrical engineering

@Aajred I am pretty sure that if all of your FA documents were in on time, your acceptance, even to NUIN, will show your FA package, although no federal FA is allowed to be used for NUIN. From following this board for a few years, a lot of NUIN are full pay. But I would have your child call the FA office to be sure.

Thank you!

@tnknes
How do you know how many deferrals there might be?

Mom of NU freshman hereā€¦
Congrats to all accepted, this is a fantastic school!
Last year, max Honors/NMF scholarship was 32k/year, hopefully, they will not lower it this year.

Kid accepted EA. 1530 SAT (800 Math and 730 EBRW). SAT II - Math 2 (800) and Physics (730). Engineering. Honors Program. $30k/year merit scholarship. URM.

Is there an accepted students GC floating around?

DS accepted CS
Honors
Honors scholarship $30,000/year
4.1UW/4.8 W
ACT: 35
Top 5%
Applied financial aid : yes but unlikely due to high EFC but 2 in college

My daughter was also accepted to NUin. Her info and breakdown was available on the financial aid tab through her portal page. We submitted FAFSA,CSS, and IDOC requests in November. My understanding is not much, if any, aid goes towards NUin. Best to check with financial services though. Good luck, and congratulations!!

Thanks so much for sharing!

We arenā€™t full payā€¦ itā€™s hard to know what makes the difference when all of the candidates are so wonderful. Fingers crossed for the RD round!!!

m

Accepted from NY
NU-in
Environmental Science/CS
3.9 UW/4.3 W
1400 SAT/ 790 BioSAT
9 APs
ECs: Varsity Tennis, Clubs, tutoring, leadership
FA: No

Decision: Accepted
SAT/ACT: 1570 SAT 35 ACT
GPA: 96 UW, 99 W
State/Country: NY
Major: Environmental Eng/Health Sciences
Did you apply for FA?: Yes, but did not meet deadlines so didnā€™t hear about it
Merit: 16k/ yr

Honestly I am somewhat disappointed as I thought I would get more merit, and possibly get into the Honors Program. Thankful to be accepted though, donā€™t get me wrong. Wasnā€™t huge on Northeastern when I visited, so I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be attending due to that, as well as the merit piece not being nearly as large as other schools Iā€™ve heard back from. I may give it a second look if the FA package comes back larger than expected, but was hoping for more merit. Good luck to everyone!

Decision: Daughter accepted into Honors Program! Sheā€™s thrilled!
ACT: 35 (one sitting)
GPA: 4.1W, 9 APs
State: CT
Major: Computer Science
Apply FA: Yes
Merit awarded: $30K/year Northeastern National Hispanic Scholar

Lots of ECs including: Co-leader of Women in STEM program, NHS, member of audition honors choir, featured dancer/dance captain in spring musical, tutoring middle school students, worked 15 hours/wk throughout high school. Took Multivariable Calc at UHart in Fall 2019 (A- grade received) while taking full slate of high school classes. Strong commitment to STEM including attending week-long UConn engineering program over summer of Sophomore year. Showed high interest by touring NU, attending special Khoury College info session, emailed rep.

Congratulations to all accepted and good luck to those deferred (send in those LOCIs Iā€™m sure they make a difference)! To those denied, donā€™t despair. My son was rejected from what he considered his first choice and is happy and thriving in his Junior Year at a great LAC in NY that he now considers the perfect choice. You can still have a really great college experience.

@threechimneys merit

Thank you very much for the post. Well written, and helpful!

Deferred. Ouch.
top 10 in class, ~6 APs, 1500 SAT, never a grade below A-, captain of two sports.

For NU in when can you pick your location and when do spots usually start filling up?