Northeastern University 2020 EA

Any chance today might be the day? Or shall we all hold off until next Wednesday

Does anyone know? I hope so…

No way to tell, gotta wait for the email and tweet! So unfortunate, the wait is killer!

This is not true. They reached out to me about a document over a month ago. I don’t think it has anything to do with when they come out.

yeah they asked me for some missing documents back in early december as well

can we assume they’ll be released next Wednesday? or would we wait two weeks?

Next week is the most likely

Maybe TomSR or Pengs would know the answer to this: my 1st semester transcript was just downloaded by NEU and shows 7 'A’s including 5 APs … will this help my chances for acceptance/honors program or is it too late for EA applicants? Also scored 790 Math ll and 700 Chem in December. Are these taken into consideration?

@losername If decisions are to come out next week it is likely that most decisions are already made. If deferred those updated stats can be mentioned in a letter of continued interest.

Before I applied, I was mailed a fee waiver without me having to make a request for it or qualify for one based off of financial need. The waiver that they sent me said that they gave it to me because of my “hard work”. Does anybody know if this is a good sign and did anybody receive the same thing?

I got the same thing, but sadly after I had already applied

Does anyone familiar with NU past notification practices know if they mail out physical acceptance letters/packages at the same time that they post on the portal? My son prefers to find out his status the old fashioned way - checking the mail. He does not mind waiting a few days to find out the answer.

I did as well. I called financial aid and then emailed them with student ID number, name, date of application, etc and they refunded me the full amount.

You might want to call and ask what specific info they need Bc Inthink im missing something!

@nehiker Snail mail notifications are sent out but based on past year posts they arrive a week to ten days after the decision appears online.

My kid, who got in ED, got the fee waiver after they applied, but contacted NEU and they refunded her application fee, fwiw.

We also got a refund on the application fee when the waiver came after we paid.

can’t wait to be deferred!

periodt

let’s all promise to be here for each other for emotional support

@losername

I would only update your 790 in Math 2 SAT. The 700 Chem is too low to update. I also would save it after/if deferred.
Great score!