Texas here…
Decision: Deferred
SAT/ACT: SAT 1470
GPA: 4.0 UW/103.42 UW
State/Country: Texas
Major: Business Administration & Communication Studies
Did you apply for FA?: Yes
Good ECs & Expanded Resume

Did anyone get into NU in with saying “no” to the option on the application?

3 Likes

has any international student got their decision yet?

Can someone legit try to give me a reason as to HOW I was Deferred rather than REJECTED from NEU.

GPA: 3.65 UW
ACT/SAT: No scores
AP’s: 0

International student here! I haven’t checked but i’ve yet to receive an email… silently worried now :confused:

yes

1 Like

My daughter was just accepted for the N.U.in Program! She is super excited-
GPA: 3.97 (9 total APs)
Test optional- 4 ACTS canceled over the spring and summer
State: VA
Extracurriculars: Very Strong; Extensive film-making experience including community service advertisements created for local non-profits, several film-making awards, including national awards for animation
Major: Media Arts: Media and Screen Studies

1 Like

yes

Decision: accepted!!! w/ 10k merit aid per year
SAT/ACT: test optional
GPA: 4.13 on 4.33 scale UW (3 APs junior year)
State/Country: VT
Major: business administration
Did you apply for FA?: yes, revived $29k per year
ECs: 3 varsity sports for all 4 years of hs (captain in all), retail job for 2 years, 5 years of coaching youth ice hockey teams (300+ hours), NHS, a few more mundane things
Essay: 8.5/10… about coaching youth hockey teams and really showcased my personality but was a bit choppy
LORs: 9/10… picked a few teachers that really knew me—despite the fact that none represented the subject of my intended major—and they wrote wonderful letters

I did all of my research on YouTube, blog sites like Reddit, and extensive exploration of NEU’s recorded tours/info sessions—so really, no demonstrated interest in terms of virtual sessions or visits. I also am taking my senior year through a local community college so that may have added to my application.

Congratulations to those accepted and best of luck to those deferred! The college admissions process has certainly shown itself to be unpredictable and not an assessment of your worth, and I know that those of you who weren’t accepted to NEU will find your place elsewhere!!

2 Likes

Thank you! That is helpful.

ACCEPTED!!!
GPA: 3.9 unweighted
27 act (test optional)
No APs
Good ECs
Essay went dummy hard
from Alabama
Congrats to everyone!!

2 Likes

not yet - where are u from?

need a bit more information…

I heard it’s the top 10% of each college, not university.

applied from jakarta, indonesia. you?

I checked the portal, but they also sent an email like 20 minutes after 6:00.

if my counselor put in my mid year report like on 1/13, will northeastern have seen it?

applied from hong kong

applied from malaysia… have u received ur decision?

mine did the same, but i doubt it:(