Northeastern University 2021 EA

YES! My son said no on the common app. I had no idea they could just assign it to you. For reference, 4.0 weighted at a tough private high school, 5 APs, no class rank. Criminology/psych combined major. Test optional but sent in AP scores (5s). Did not apply for financial aid.

1 Like

Not Yet

omg i have same Sat and 3.78 UW and compsci applied EDll

i have a feeling international student will be the last to hear, but iā€™m hoping it comes soon

ive seen kids from the UK Greece and I think Italy get their decisions around the time of the first wave

from CA
Decision: deferred
ACT: 34 (ss)
GPA: 3.9/4.3
State/Country: CA
Major: journalism and polisci
Did you apply for FA?: no

Accepted into the N.U.in program!
GPA: 4.16 W
No test scores sent
6 APā€™s, the rest Honors. 2 college courses at local community college.
ECā€™s: Dance Captain in school production 3 years, 5 clubs, Church mission trip throughout high school, Co Editor of Yearbook.
I think I had a very good essay. Unique.
From MD
Didnt apply for FA
LORā€™s: Was very close with both teachers. English and Chemistry.

1 Like

I have a question if anyone can help me out. How long does it take for sat scores to be released after taking the test? I wanted to attempt to take the sats again since they were canceled the past 3 times I scheduled them. I got deferred and would like to send my scores in if I do well, but Iā€™m not sure if i would be able to send them in time.

Decision: deferred
SAT/ACT: 34
GPA: 4.0 UW
AP: 12 APs (4 5s, 3 4s, taking 5 sr yr),
State/Country: Montana
Major: History, Culture, and Law
Did you apply for FA?: Yes
Extracurriculars: strong leadership, theatre, civic engagement.
Essay: really good i think. generally about storytelling.

Little confused/nervous what this means for my other schoolsā€™ decisions. I did already get into Georgetown though. Does Northeastern yield protect or is stuff just weird and unpredictable?

Accepted from WA

1 Like

us either, son accepted CAM for acting major, similar stats to yours

Congratulations! My son also received financial aid but his letter said $25,600 per full academic semester. Did your financial aid letter give you the number in terms of semester or year? Thanks!

Accepted from IL with a 16k Deanā€™s schoalrship!

• 35 ACT (superscored)
  • 4.7W GPA, 3.9 UW ā€” 7APs (3 this year), all 4s and 5s. Most other classes were honors
  • ECs: some school activities, charity work, run my own photography business, some other stuff also
  • Major: International Business
  • Writing was pretty decent
  • Went to a few virtual sessions, clicked links in all the emails, talked to my AO a bit. Nothing crazy, but I think NU is worried about their yield rate so this might have made a difference.
1 Like

go to georgetown!!!

I mean I do have 2 Internships that Iā€™ve held for about 3 years now. Also Iā€™m in Link crew and NHS. But thatā€™s about itā€¦

Decision: accepted
Sat: 1550
GPA: 3.8/4.21
State/Country: VA
Major: Computer Science and Media Arts
Did you apply for FA?: yes

1 Like

I believe that you are the first to post need based aid.

First of all, congrats to everyone who was accepted! I was deferred and Iā€™m honestly so frustrated right now. I know there are PLENTY of people here who applied because they love Northeastern (me being one of them), but I know so many people who apply just to apply because there is no supplement. In addition to the test optional stuff, having no supplement made this 10x worse because no one saw reason not to apply if it wasnā€™t even nearly a school they wanted to go to. Ik like 5 people who applied just to see (and said they would never actually attend), and THREE GOT IN. In the end, it is what it is. But I wish people wouldnā€™t just apply to apply yk :confused:

EDIT: I promise im not salty about those who want to go and got in, I am really happy for yalls (esp. those who have been on this thread since the beginning)

7 Likes

Decision: Accepted!!!
SAT/ACT: 1390 (superscore 670:Verbal 720:Math)
GPA: 4.36W 4.0UW
State/Country: MD
Major: Bioengineering
Did you apply for FA?: Yes

I got a scholarship for $10,000 a year beginning sophomore year.
I am honestly so excited! Northeastern is one of my top choices! I think I showed a good amount of demonstrated interest. I went on a college tour during my sophomore year and attended a couple of info sessions and virtual events.

3 Likes

N.U.in kids is there a groupchat?