Northeastern University 2021 EA

NU In is not negotiable but you can give the merit aid a shot.

Thanks

NEU is not known for negotiating on merit aid but that was pre-Covid. It canā€™t hurt to ask.

1 Like

That is very true.

EA! and I got it two weeks ago but forgot to put it on the forum.

Still waiting to hear from other schools to see what they offer him. May not hear for a month. Are your chances less if you wait? Thanks

Are Northeastern courses online or in-person this semester?

In person since September. All classes are available in a hybrid format.
Protect the Pack - YouTube

Anyone appealed to NEU and received more merit? Does anyone have a template or things to include in the appeal please?

you can negotiate aid if you qualify

I donā€™t think I will qualify for more financial aid, just wondering if I can appeal for more merit aid. Would they entertain that? Also I am advancing to NMF after I got the admission. Should I contact my admission counselor to see if I can get NEUā€™s National merit scholarship or I call financial aid office?

1 Like

yes, in that case I would try. Last year every school that I appealed for more merit or aid increased my number. But if a school didnā€™t offer merit at all, I didnā€™t get an increase.

2 Likes

A merit aid appeal will not work. When you become NMF and select Northeastern as your first choice there may be an increase in merit aid. How much merit did you receive?

1 Like

I got 120k with university honors scholarship. I am curious to see if NEU offers anymore on top of this for NMF if I pick NEU as my school by April 1st. Also if I choose that, can I change it to USC if I get the admission there?

Iā€™m in a similar situation. I received 16k per year but Iā€™m a finalist. Is there any way to know how much more money Iā€™ll receive from NEU? I know itā€™s a ā€œcompetitive merit-based awardā€ but does that depend on the initial merit aid offered? My other option is UF and Iā€™m waiting on them too.

1 Like

Any EA accepted people received anything via mail? We have moved and I canā€™t figure out how to update our address on their portals. So I need to call or email them. Iā€™m hoping whatever is sent will be forwarded but if it is a big package, it might not be. Just curious if anything has arrived for people and the size.

D received her welcome packet/acceptance letter a couple of weeks ago and a smaller letter with stickers last week.

Last week my D received a large, thin envelope like 10inx13in with welcome pennant, checklist, etc. Yesterday she received a small envelope with stickers.

What, no love for NUIn students? D did not receive the large envelope with the pennant but did get the small one with stickers.

EDIT - large NUin packet with pennant arrived 3 days after I posted this!

Haha :laughing: same here - NUin EA accepted. No welcome letter or packet. Just the small envelope, card with 2 stickers for Valentines.