Northeastern University 2021 EA

Same here on the NUin - no packet. On the plus side, the fall locations have been announced on the website!!

Do you think the international experiences will happen? So tough to know at this point. Commitments have to be made by 5/1 right?

I would guess if they are willing to commit to them now, they have done their homework and made whatever arrangements they need to make, with contingencies. However, if youā€™re serious about doing it I would attend an NUin info session and grill them over the coals b/c itā€™s a big commitment for the kids, the university and the parents to have pulled out at the last minute.

1 Like

Does anybody know how long it takes for them to process documents? I submitted my resume 3 days ago and it still says pending

Would I upload my LOCI through my portal or would I have to email my admissions counselor or something like that?

I sent to my admissions counselor!

In recent years, the most NMF have received is $30-35k per year so if you currently have that much in merit/FA, I doubt youā€™d get much more. NMF would likely just replace what you have, but it is worth talking to your FA officer to be sure, as things could be different this year. NMF used to be full tuition guaranteed, then $30k guaranteed, now just stated as competitive amount and different folks have gotten different amounts recently (prob more based on need.)

1 Like

Like I mentioned to @sleepyjoe, Iā€™d talk to your FA officer. In recent years, NMF have received up to $30-35k so yours could potentially raise more based on your NMF if youā€™re only offered $16k/year now. It is not guaranteed like it used to be, so only FA can tell you for sure.

Need based and Merit are separate. You get Merit from the school based on Academics, you get need based generally from Gov and maybe some school, but thatā€™s based on family income.

I emailed mine to my counseloer and she uploaded it to my application for me. Hope this helps!

Anyone have any advice on how to get admitted to the NUIN program?

I was deferred from Northeastern. Hopefully Iā€™ll get into regular decision.

Did you indicate on your application you were interested in NUin?

Yes I did! Iā€™m looking for ways to boost my application and make it look competitive for NU IN :slight_smile:

1 Like

My sonā€™s deferral letter said to upload any additional info for consideration to the portal by Feb 15, so thatā€™s what he did. Heā€™s emailed the admissions officer twice in the past and never got a response, so he didnā€™t send it to her, just put it in the portal.

I just received an empty envelope from Northeastern. Itā€™s a tan-ish envelope that says itā€™s from office of the president. Iā€™m guessing itā€™s nothing but I just wanted to check here to see if anyone else received it and what was in it as mine was simply empty

Just a congrats letter and how northeastern safely reopened in Sept. And northeastern is innovative and has lots of opportunitiesā€¦look forward to meeting you this fall, etc.

Thatā€™s what I figured. Thx for letting me know. Still havenā€™t gotten my big packet yet tho which is odd

1 Like

So far have received the big acceptance packet with the pennant, the small envelope with the stickers, a letter with a big poster and the letter from the president today. The mail is so terrible and slow these days so itā€™s probably just delayed.

does anyone know if they send the acceptance package internationally ?

@FakeCardealer68 , the note from the president is just a note to say how theyā€™re handling COVID-19 and why northeastern is a great school.