Northeastern University 2021 EA

If there was a limit, I dont remember. My D was RD so I would feel comfortable if EA that depending on covid and country, you would have plenty of time to select location. RD kids dont hear back until March. My D RD was March 18, 2018. She was college of science and those COS kids were in a separate location in London. There was also a “business” group of kids that were all together and in a different part of London. Since then (2018) I believe NEU “purchased”(?) a college in london, to have more consistency in curriculum and more oversight vs the arrangement they had with CIEE who managed the program for NEU in 2018. I encourage all students who are interested in NUin to go to youtube and search for NUin Northeastern. There will be a ton of videos from students who were all required to create and post their video at the end of the semester. Very cool all over the world.

yes, got this too.

Best to be in touch with your admissions counselor assigned to your area rather than the admissions director.

2 Likes

Does everyone think decisions will be out Wednesday?

3 Likes

I hope so!

1 Like

Based on the past 2 years, they usually release on the 2nd to last Wednesday of January.

1 Like

Yes this was the admissions person assigned to our area. I may have gotten their official title wrong but it’s the right person. So should he go over them and reach out to someone else?

Well, if it is a critical question or issue, perhaps have your school college counselor reach out. I imagine they are in the throws of making decisions on EA now so they probably are busy and also working in Covid times. Maybe check again to see if a new admissions person has been assigned to your area or have your son call the office. I guess it depends on how critical the matter is.

Does anyone know if they let us know the date/time before the decision is released or will they just send an email when we get the decision?

Northeastern has never given advanced notice of decision release. The email and twitter announcement are at the same time the decision is in your portal.

This is covered in the first post! Everyone, please read it :slight_smile:

Hi, I know in the first post you said that international varies, but I am just wondering if you have any clue of when to expect it. I just want to know whether to stay up or not to wait for it!

2 Likes

Typically it’s between 6PM-10PM EST, that’s about as much as can be guaranteed.

Quick Question: I’ve watched a bunch of college decisions reactions videos and usually for those who are accepted, a slide pops up saying " The wait is over" once you log in. Does this pop up for those who are rejected/ deferred as well?

As soon as you log into the portal, do you have to click another link to view the decision, or does it automatically pop up?

Depends on the school. Some school’s do videos, others just have a letter no matter what

1 Like

If my first quarter grades were sent, will they use them?

I can’t answer

No, if you are admitted a screen saying “The wait is over will appear.” Anything else is a deferral or rejection.

I have two questions: 1, has anyone called admissions and ask when they’re coming out within the last few days? I’m hearing a lot more speculation about this Wednesday
2, I emailed my rep two weeks ago updating her on new stuff for my application and she didn’t respond. It was weird because she responded very quickly to my first email I sent before winter break.

Does this mean my decision was alreadY made two weeks ago and she couldn’t add it? (If this then I hope it isn’t a reject and that’s why she didn’t respond). Or was she just unable to respond?