Northeastern University 2021 EA

Is there a chance decisions will come out today or is there no basis to believe it could happen on a Tuesday or Jan 26?

2 Likes

The year my D applied, 2018, NE received over 62,000 total applications with 19% acceptance rate.

We received this data this past December: ED1 revived 1,900 applications, a 5% increase from last year, 2/3 did not submit test scores - 1/3 did, 1,000 offers (53%), which is 1/3 freshman class. Nearly 400 offered NUin. 2/3 admitted were TO. NE received 36,000 Early Action applications, 14% increase from last year, which was 11% increase from prior year.

This is the source of information about ED 1 acceptances and the number of applications.

" I attended a talk for counselors today by Tufts, Northeastern, and Boston University (sorry, I donā€™t think it was recorded for the general public). They saw record numbers of applicants, and the data is pretty staggering."
ā€œNortheastern saw an increase of 5% for EDI applicants, compared to last yearā€™s pool. They saw 1,900 applicants, and admitted just over 1,000 of them. Two thirds of the applicants for EDI didnā€™t submit test scores, and about two thirds of those admitted didnā€™t submit test scores. They received 36,000 EA applications, with a 14% increase over 2019. About 50% of the EA applicant pool didnā€™t submit test scores.ā€

1 Like

because 50% of ea applicants didnā€™t submit test scores does that give an advantage to those who submitted test scores?

test optional does not hurt your admissions chances.

No idea if there is any truth to it but some are saying that in some cases it may help. Since colleges claim that it wonā€™t hurt your chances, there may be some incentive to accept a min % that applied test optional.

what is the chance of decisions coming out today? or is it more likely to come out tomorrow or thursday

I think anything is fair game but more likely to be tomorrow.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be refreshing my portal until 7 again :crazy_face:

3 Likes

is there any chance decisions arenā€™t released until Friday?

1 Like

thereā€™s a chance decisions may not even be out until the 31st, they just said by February 1st

1 Like

Honestly, I was looking at past EA releases. If there is nothing posted to Twitter by 4PM itā€™s not that day. 2019, 2020 were released Wednesday, 2018 was Thursday. It could honestly be any day this week. Nonetheless, we will know by the end of this week definitely.

1 Like

Yes, thanks. I think I was the one who originally posted that but Iā€™m not sure if the link went through.

So what are the chances of it coming out tonight?

1 Like

Is 2 virtual events and one in person visit enough demonstrated interest?

have decisions ever come out on a tuesday before?

Has anyone called?

Many people have tried and even asked on virtual events but all they give you is by February 1st

Does anyone know the last time they released on a Tuesday? Last year it was a Wednesday, and the year before it was a Thursday. Just wondering if I am anxious for nothing today lol

did anyone else get a heart attack from that nuadmissions post notification lol

5 Likes