Northeastern University 2021 EA

Northeastern has many study abroad options after freshman year. The most popular is the Dialog of Civilization program. You can check that out on their website.

Then the way they ask the question as ‘Willingness to consider’ is extremely misleading. ‘Consider’ indicates there’s a choice to decline NUin if offered. If their rationale is that the choice is to attend NU or not, that is a cop out.

1 Like

happened to me last year too. Don’t worry. I wound up getting accepted

1 Like

last year I had Jolie Chan then it was switched to Evan Layne

did you get in?

Do ygs have a typo under “messages” in your portal? Something along the lines of “We look forward to reviewing your application our Early action pool.”

Yea

yes, was accepted last year. Turned it down for Tufts but was high on my list. Didn’t give enough $$$ either. i’m lurking for my brother who is a junior.

Tufts is amazing!!

Thanks! So is Northeastern
good luck!!

Luckyjade2024-can you tell us your stats fir reference? Thx

1500, top 5% of class, all AP and Honors course all 4 years

Wow good job. Thx

I checked my son’s NEu Common Ap. I dont know how the “No” answer was phrased. My son did check: “Yes, I am open to considering a semester of my first year abroad.” From NE perspective, they plan admissions for kids both on and off campus through NUin. I have to assume kids that check YES to NUin have done their due diligence as to what the program entails. As others have stated, ONE of the options for acceptance to NEU is contingent upon attending NUin for a portion of the students. If your accepted with requirement is attending NUin and then chose NOT to participate in NUin, then you decline your admission to NEU altogether. IDK if that changed during covid pandemic. But that was how my D was accepted in 2018. I have also heard of students that didnt check YES, and are offered acceptance contingent on NUin attendance. Personally, I believe if you really are open to NUin, you check the box. If you are not open to it, you shouldn’t check the box. Also, My D was not eligible for aid. I think all schools balance kids in need of aid with kids that are not eligible for aid and international students that are all cash paying kids). When any school picks their applicants, it’s a balance. In my mind NUin acts as another way for NEU to accept more students and rotate them through campus & abroad programs. If you love the school as my D did in 2018, she was thrilled being admitted, and was excited for NUin. Every student has to weigh what they feel is best for them. The NUin program has thousands of students per semester travel (pre-covid). The school does a lot for these students in January when they are back on campus for the first time as freshman for the spring semester to integrate them on campus. Great friendships are formed and we saw our D develop amazing independence that was so valuable for her remaining years.

2 Likes

Just curious, I know Northeastern warns of decisions coming out through an Insta post, but when does this post usually come out? My instinct would be 12-2, but just wondering if anyone could confirm. Thanks!

No they don’t warn through the post. they start sending the deciisions out and then randomly post on instagram

Like @PengsPhils said, they will post on social media at 4pm EST if they are releasing decisions that day (around the same time the first batch of decisions are released).

Gotcha, thanks for the info! Really anticipating that today will be the lucky day

7 Likes

On decision day, whether it is today or not, don’t freak out if decisions don’t start at 4:00 PM sharp. One year they didn’t release the first wave until 4:07 and this board exploded.

And please read Pengs initial post on this thread.

5 Likes

Thank you for saying this because that is EXACTLY what I would’ve done

1 Like