Northeastern University 2021 EA

what do we think the chance of decisions coming out today is guys…?

1 Like

I don’t know. Probably not because today is inauguration…

1 Like

highly doubt that affects anything

1 Like

wait the initial post says January 27th?

Because it usually comes out on a Wednesday, so it’s possible this week or next

Based on the past two years, they usually come out on the 2nd to last Wednesday of January/the Wednesday after MLK. So based on that, I think there’s a high possibility it’s today. But I don’t know if they’ve seen a big increase in applications like other schools has that might delay it to next Wednesday.

Thanks for the info! May I ask where you saw it? Did they give any other information about the application pool?

Someone on the reddit forums, sorry, so it may not be totally accurate. No other information.

1 Like

I read there’s actually been a 14% increase in EA apps. 36,000 total (!) Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

Wow, thank you for clarifying. I’ll change my original comment.

I feel like that may be a large enough increase in applications to delay decision release?

Interesting that this indicates a 14% increase of EA applicants over 2019, not 2020. If that was not a typo, then 14% over 2020 may not be accurate.

1 Like

That’s true! I noticed that as well, but assumed it was a typo.

UGH! That makes predicting yield even harder. Assuming (hopefully) that everyone will be on campus in the fall there may be another housing crunch unless they lowball acceptances.

Also note that the acceptance figures for ED I would include those offered NUIn.

If decisions are coming out today we will know in an hour… good luck everyone!

3 Likes

I’m going to a webinar for Bouvé at 3…maybe they’ll give some kind of indication

1 Like

Will they make that decision on instagram?

At the time they release, they’ll post

Good luck everyone! Does anyone know the early action acceptance rate in previous years?

I took it to mean an increase in the 2020-21 admissions cycle. The context was an event at which AOs discussed how this year is so different than last year as far as number of applicants.