Northeastern University 2021 RD

I can’t speak to the difference although I’ve heard Perdue is excellent for CS but with NUin you spend your first semester abroad and then return to Boston for your second semester. There are a number of locations but not all of them have classes for all majors. They fill up quickly, especially the ones in Canada.

Also my SAT date got cancelled SEVEN times. I never got to take it😂

same

BROOOOO that’s what I want to do. I feel like we’d be best friends. They want you for your incredible drive❤️

You still have NYU to look forward to and Cornell!!! I believe in you!! <3

2 Likes

Waitlisted with stats that my schools’s Naviance says should be a shoo-in. RIP

1 Like

Thank you so much, you are too sweet. We should add eachother on social!

Are you the same person from the nyu posts? which school would u go to if u also got into nyu? :smile:

and @BooksMan same here! except I’m premed and I applied for neuroscience and Philosophy

Yes! Message me with your socials!

Letter says they gave 3 options for Nuin 1. Italy/Ireland/greece/England 2. Boston Nuin 3. Online Nuin

how does it work after first 6 months Nuin do you transfer back to Main NEU College or do you still study NuIn
Final graduation will have Nuin degree or NEU degree ?

Same thing when it comes to EC, people with money get to hire private coach, participate in sports, arts, fund nonprofits, conduct researches, get themselves listed as first author on paper. The list can go on and on. Compared to these, higher SAT score is the easiest to achieve for someone from underprivileged family.

1 Like

Message me too!

1 Like

schools always admit students with 1300, 1200, just not a lot.
I would not say it is luck.

1 Like

omg me too lmaooo. test-optional made things a sh*t show this year, and no supplementals is such bs.

3 Likes

I submitted new info to my application portal after being deferred (now rejected) and I never even got an email back from my admissions counselor. I could never communicate with him :(((

That’s actually a really tough question. I loved both Northeastern and NYU but something about Northeastern being in a city I don’t live near (I live close to NYC) is intriguing… lol! Almost like Moana wanting to go to the ocean, I want to see the unknown.

3 Likes

After the semester abroad, you return to the Boston campus and no one cares that you started NUin. You are just another student at Northeastern! Your degree is the same as everyone else that started in Boston.

1 Like

Are national merit scholarships announced with admission? Congrats to everyone!

Should I decrease my hopes of getting in without sending a LOCI to NEU?