Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Commitment date is mid-May, so you still have time to hear back from all RD schools. I’m not sure if you get to chose the locations when announced in Feb or do you get assigned, so I do need to check on that.

If you ED2 somewhere, you will definitely hear back before then, so you have the option to shoot high if you prefer.

1 Like

I believe they may still accept FAFSA and CSS. I would call the school FA this morning to learn more. I would submit these today.

1 Like

No university drops EA… just not a reality.

Curious… so you got more aid than what the preview showed? Was the overall amount pretty similar?

2 Likes

No…the preview showed far more than we were expecting. We don’t have our actual amount yet. CSS and IDOC showed us as having everything complete way before the deadline, but something was not coded (?) correctly from CSS to NEU so we are working to straighten that out now. We are happy with his acceptance but anxious to see the actual $$.

1 Like

I’m sorry! Great things are coming for you!

Hey guys, if a student is accepted into NU, and needs to go to London for a semester through that program, is their housing guaranteed at northeaster second semester when they return to Boston? Thanks!

It has been guaranteed housing for NU In the past few years, but not necessarily for NU Bound (Global Scholars is new). Because there have been so many changes recently, don’t take it for granted and make sure your particular program has guaranteed housing.

Last year the portal opened up for campus selection in February. You had to have submitted a deposit to select your campus. London NU In filled very quickly, Im not sure about other locations.

Did anyone requiring financial aid get in?

For those who were accepted, the financial aid link shows the amount of financial aid and then there is a separate link in there that shows merit? What were some of your merit offers? Anything surprising? Our pre-read showed a COA of $33K but I am going to assume that (if my son gets in) our financial aid + merit will get us to the $33K amount, not expecting merit that would bring us below $33K based on how they view our need via the CSS. All of you who got in are seeing COA’s you were expecting? Someone on another site was upset because the NPC for their ED school came out to $50K but, when the decision came out, her daughter was not given any merit or financial aid so it was more like $70K! When she inquired about it they were rude and short with her and they felt duped. Hopefully everything came out exactly as you expected or less!

Yes, it’s a seperate tab. I received the honors scholarship for 12k/year.

3 Likes

This wasn’t Northeastern?

Yes, send out other applications. Find out all you can and get feedback about NUin. Plenty of time to feel this out and make a decision.

No it was on a Facebook group and she wouldn’t say which school. This was a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Delaney, I’m a student ambassador here on College Confidential and am a first-year student at Northeastern University. First off, congratulations to everyone who received an ED1 acceptance last night! I was accepted to NU through ED2, and am happy to answer any questions you may have about anything. I will be online for the next hour, but I also check in daily so feel free to reach out whenever.

3 Likes

My son applied for EA does he need to send why NU essay to AO.

Hi Delaney,

Can you speak to how housing options work for students who spend Fall outside Boston as part of NU.In? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I never sent in any why NU essay however I know that people do send in “letters of continued interest”. That can’t hurt your chances so I would say that if your son is really aiming for Northeastern then it could be worth it to really express his interest further. While no guarantee that it will be a deciding factor, it would be a great way to show demonstrated interest to admissions. I found it odd that Northeastern didn’t have a supplemental essay, and had I been deferred to Regular Decision I personally would have sent in some form of continued interest letter. Hope this helps and good luck to your son!

Hi @delaney.roe thank you for answering questions here. My son has applied EA. Should he contact his admission rep to send his resume or any essay about NU?

2 Likes