Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

NU has always said CSS was needed along with FAFSA. There is a chance that your FA package will be delayed if admitted if you haven’t yet or just submitted the CSS.

2 Likes

Didn’t see it mentioned in the Common App, or as next steps in any of the application confirmation emails they sent. They did reach out for missing dual enrollment transcripts. Just reread the application email. Not worried though. Sent an email and the FAQs in the auto-reply states any late FAFSA/CSS/OIDC documents will not affect admissions process and a financial aid offer will be made available even if submitted after the application deadline even if late.

3 Likes

Many of us in various parts of the US will be snowed in tomorrow due to a snow storm approaching and my son’s school is going to online learning. Going to be a loooong day waiting for those results!

3 Likes

Sooo the finacial aid ck list is now gone…and portal is back to usual

I still see the financial aid checklist.

1 Like

Ours is still there too.

Did you see the comments about it not displaying on phone/tablets?

91,000 was last year.

3 Likes

Anyone know how many were deferred from EA last year?

2 Likes

Yes read them and I’m viewing on my Macbook…ck list gone again

FWIW, my Financial Aid checklist was there earlier and also disappeared today (and I didn’t apply for financial aid) … but I was accepted into NU.in program during the ED process. So I don’f think it’s a a sign of whether or not you were admitted.

1 Like

Still there here. Wondering, did you have any outstanding items. If so, did you satisfy those requirements? Already had CSS profile and all the documents required here, just didn’t know Northeastern wanted them so submitted the profile earlier and per OIDC and app portal it says it will take 3 to 5 days before outstanding items are reflected in the application.

Just wondering if it shows here because only because they are incomplete.

Anyone seeing the Financial Aid box who has no outstanding items?

My son sent me a screen shot of the financial checklist and we’re missing 2 tax documents. We did request aid but doubt we’ll get any.

I’m not sure if we’re still able to see the checklist but the photo was taken at 1:30pm today. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to his portals so I live for the scraps he sends me :joy: In all seriousness, he doesn’t check them much so I get on CC to see if he missed something.

No outstanding items here.

If today is decision day, here are a few caveats:

Northeastern has never released decisions before 4 PM Eastern. In recent years the earliest decisions were released was 5 PM.

If you are following reddit or other social media, there will inevitably be people who will post that they got their decision say at noon or so. They are lying. There have even been a few doing that in here, but the mods take care of them if reported to them.

Decisions come out in waves on a more or less hourly basis. If people from Massachusetts start reporting their decision here at 5 PM and you are in California or Florida, you will not get your decision for a few hours. Don’t panic!

Also, if reporting your decision please post your stats and the state/country you are from. That is a CC tradition.

And remember, no guarantee that EA decisions come out today.

16 Likes

@TomSrOfBoston or anyone who knows … if an applicant checked the “no” box on common app for the Oakland campus and abroad options (in other words, expressed a preference for Boston only), will Northeastern still make an offer for those programs if the applicant doesn’t make the cut for Boston? Or will they simply reject or defer? My question pertains to EA applicants. Thanks!

Based on the past, “Boston only” applicants may still get an NU In. offer.

1 Like

Same question

Thank you!!!

Does Northeastern send an email when an official decision is available? Or does one need to be vigilant on the portal? Please and thanks!