Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

The people seeing the checklist, did u guys fill out the FAFSA and CSS?

1 Like

D has FA checklist and she didnā€™t apply for fin aid. Mostly likely everyone has it. Itā€™s a large white text box in between ā€œRequired Application Checklistā€ Items and ā€œUpload Materialsā€

5 Likes

We did apply and box with uploads just appeared but we submitted months ago.

1 Like

Submitted months ago as well but checklist is still not appearing.

Submitted FAFSA for EA months ago. Didnā€™t realize NU needed CSS or IODC. What are the odds NU is prompting to submit CSS, which costs $16, the day before decision for students they didnā€™t admit?

Submitted anyway because the profile and IODC were already filled out for Villanova, which son was rejected from last week.

Better to be safe than sorry, right? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Shaking the Magic 8 ball and all signs point to yes. Although my DD is deferred at RIchmond and Nova, I fear this one may be an outright rejection. How do you compete with 100,000 apps?!

4 Likes

njdad7ā€¦ what is your sonā€™s hard stats? My son seems to be looking at similar schoolsā€¦ I see you on the Ga Tech forum as well. We had one young lady get into Villanova from his HS, but it seems the scattergram is a little ā€œdatedā€ (in that it was much harder to get into this year as opposed to last few years. I think the same thing is going to happen with NU).

I think the checklist only shows on laptop not phone.

1 Like

Yes and all FA items on list in my childā€™s portal have status of ā€œreceivedā€ - not sure if that makes a difference or not.

i have the financial aid checklist too. curious whats the reason for it popping up now.

The FA checklist popped up on the status portal for us too. It wasnā€™t there couple days ago.

I just checked itā€™s not popping up on my phone but it is on my laptop. So if you donā€™t see it that could maybe be a possibility as to why

Same for me. It does not show up on iphone but shows up on pc.

2 Likes

Hi, where did you hear 100,000 apps?

91K, to be accurate

1 Like

This article (and 91,000 number) relates to the last cycle. The number of apps for this cycle was > 100,000 ā€“ as referenced earlier in this thread by the parent of a current Northeastern student who heard it from a professor.

1 Like

Does anyone know if they havenā€™t received my citizenship verification yet (but itā€™s been sent); would my FA package be delayed if admitted?

1 Like

I would call the Financial Aid office to verify if they have received it and ask them the question.

Same here, daughter has the financial aid message which is new but we didnā€™t apply for FA. Must be on every portal?

2 Likes

We are seeing the financial aid checklist too, indicates all items were received by 11/15/22. My son is SO nervous about this one. Heā€™s trying to be hopeful while realistic at the same time. Heā€™s doing quite well in his AP stats class, so he fully understands those odds! Lol. Good luck everyone! Really hope they release EA decisions tomorrow. No matter how things go, it would be nice to know sooner than later :crossed_fingers::pray:

6 Likes