Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Emails are supposedly sent at the time decisions are released. But reports here on CC indicate that the email comes up to 30 minutes after decisions are available online.

3 Likes

Good luck to all EA if it does indeed come out today, and hereā€™s hoping trends stay the same for all ED2 applicants for it to come out next week

9 Likes

To all here who receive a deferral to RD (and if last year is any indication, many will) ā€¦ keep the faith! My D22 received a deferral this time last year and then received an acceptance with very nice merit during RD. Itā€™s frustrating but it is part of the world of EA in this crazy post-COVID college process.

Fingers crossed for all to receive good news today!!!

16 Likes

I unfortunately doubt ED2 will be next week. It says the deadline to switch to regular decision is February 1st on the portal, and Iā€™d doubt theyā€™d allow you to switch to Regular Decision the same day ED2 decisions come out. I really hope Iā€™m wrong though.

That was really kind of you to post. Thank you.

4 Likes

Given the options for Oakland or London campuses only now, it seems some who chose only Boston might be offered those campuses as well. I feel there some ED offers this way too. I guess time will tell.

1 Like

No outstanding items on our list.

1 Like

logged on today, all financial aid docs were all set till yesterday and today it is asking for two more items?

Awaiting Parentsā€™ 2021 Schedule K-1s
Awaiting Parentsā€™ 2021 Tax Form 1120-S

Anyone know what is going on?

Last time they checked all docs was in Nov.

Got the same request for documents. I think ours was already submitted in Nov. Having a D as a junior, not surprised if this is just a NU software mistake.

oh, good to know!

I was secretly hoping this was a sign DD got in - haha (assuming decisions might come out today for EA).

Good luck to all!!!

This is what happened with USC. I saw people here who were posting from their time zone and told my daughter to log in to see. It was there and she hadnā€™t gotten the email yet.

2 Likes

They just answered a question on their Instagram admissions account about EA decisions stating, ā€œEA Decisions will be available no later than February 1!ā€

Makes me think that it might be next Wednesday instead, but hopeful for today!

1 Like

Iā€™m only speculating, but it appears that you and/or spouse own a business? Perhaps when NEU asks for income information the default is personal tax return only? After analysis, they determine self employment and more paperwork requirements. Again, purely speculation!

Do you think they release them later in the day to discourage phone calls and emails? Giving time for cooler heads to prevail?

1 Like

Yup, we do own a business. Just was surprised that they would ask about it right near decision time? I thought they were supposed to tell us financial aid package when they announce resultsā€¦now Iā€™m curious if the results are coming out next week vs. this week?

1 Like

Ha! Who knows? If i was in admissions, i would pick Friday at 5pm of a 3 day weekend!

1 Like

Oh no. Dont say that! Not 7 more days.

Pure speculation!! Although, i would hate to wait another weakā€¦lol

1 Like

That is standard. It is the same answer you would get if you called admissions. We will see after 5 PM Eastern.

3 Likes

I heard the late afternoon release was so that applicants would not disrupt their school day if decisions were to come out during school time.

8 Likes