Northeastern University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Rejected from Wisconsin, NC state, and deferred from U Miami yesterday and somehow I’m more mad at Northeastern even tho I don’t even know I I’m in or not

2 Likes

accepted to clarkson, wpi, and u new haven. Deferred ED at boston u. you win some you lose some

1 Like

Here is what our portal looks like when you scroll down. Merit is listed under the scholarship tab. Last year with my D22 and this year with my D23, merit was awarded at the same time as acceptance. I’m going to say based on that experience that merit doesn’t come later.

3 Likes

mine doesn’t have the scholarship section :frowning: thanks for your help!

1 Like

justified to be more mad at northeastern imo

At this rate, you never know! it could pop up tomorrow. probably unlikely but with their oraganization skills i wouldn’t be surprised

does merit affect financial aid?

1 Like

NUIN locations are set by colleges (like CSSH) so you’ll have a couple countries to choose from… and they have curriculum set so you can take similar courses for your major that you’d take in Boston. Not every country takes every college depending on what the international schools offer.

1 Like

In the past I’ve seen awards that are a combination of financial aid and merit. You should however talk to the financial aid office to understand how it would work for you.

For all who got into NUin, make sure you understand how it works with your financial aid package. Federal loans and grants do NOT get applied to an NUin semester, but Northeastern aid/merit does. Please make sure you understand your specific situation before you accept NUin. Last summer there was a kid in D22’s cohort who had to drop out because he didn’t understand that his loans wouldn’t apply to that semester and he didn’t have the cash to go.

I can’t get into the FA portal. I tried setting up an account. It’s very difficult.

So is it the correct observation that so far no declines, no deferrals, no Boston start yet, only acceptance to the non-Boston start?

2 Likes

yes looks that way. but some have been included (only a couple), possibly the ones who got the email in the morning. i think we can assume that the next round will be boston acceptances and then they will release deferrals and rejections.

1 Like

No, several have reported Boston acceptance. You can scroll back.

There are a small number of Boston acceptances

1 Like

I saw one, assuming they were among the group got the email this morning.

DD got in NUin, which she preferred, Marine Biology.
In the Financial Aid award it says that we haven’t send the CSS so the decision is pending. We won’t qualify for any financial aid but do we need to file CSS in order to get merit? Would merit be in the financial aid letter?

Daughter wanted Oakland campus (first choice) or Boston… not abroad…anyone hear about that yet? No email this morning…so we are assuming deferred or denied…

No CSS needed for merit. Merit is listed in a tab under financial aid

1 Like

Can you explain how you signed into the FA portal in simple terms because I seem to be simple?