Not Taking AP Exam?

More importantly, if it’s truly a struggle, is it in OPs best interest to be taking the class?

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong - but at our school, the content ended early - and all these kids do for the last month or it might be longer is prep for the exam. They are studying just by being in class.

That’s clearly school-specifc; we did not spend a month in review.

How much review is needed depends on the exam and the student

My kids didn’t study much outside of class time other than attending some review sessions scheduled by the teacher.

Mostly, the kids that opted out of the exam went to the beach.

Time that “might be better spent elsewhere” is not spent on the test itself, but the class.

1 Like

We don’t either, since we barely fit the curriculum in by early May, a month before school is out. But you have to put in time because you have to do well in the class not because of the exam.

Absolutely not the case in our HS.

1 Like

Ok wasn’t sure. At our school the content ended well b4 the exam. Just assumed the same elsewhere.

Probably depends on when the school year starts/ends.

And the subject. AP Spanish at our school is an entire year of review if you took Spanish 4 first.

Ahhhhhhh. Yes we are very early. Yes Aug 4. The test is fixed.

The district is all about metrics - whether the all time high ACT score, a billion in earned (but not used) scholarships and AP.

The guy who put us on this path now leads Fulton County Atlanta Schools so they might be experiencing similar focus.

My bad. I didn’t think of the calendar.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.