Now what? 11/07

Now what? When I logged on this morning, I had to choose cookie settings and also log back in. I got a few other pages first before the forums, and also had to go to the menu to choose the forums…which I haven’t ever had to do before.

If this is another update, it would be nice to have some kind of notice and info about what to expect!

I would include a screen shot, but the option to do so…isn’t there.

@CC_Jon @CC_Sorin @CC_Mike

Here is the screen shot…I couldn’t do it in my OP, but it’s here in the response.

Adding…the font has changed too.

Nothing different on any of my devices today - but of course, it’s 8 hours later.

It could have been a temporary glitch with the session and/or profile manager on the web server (where it temporarily couldn’t tie your login / site cookie to your user profile in their DB), or an issue with your browser, where your site cookies were lost, so that none of your preferences, and session information was retained.

Was it consistent for more that one device - e.g., a PC vs. the Safari on your iPad.

I saw the same thing last night. Was happy to see it back to normal this morning.

Typically an issue with style sheets (or possibly 3rd part web fonts) being temporarily not available on the web servers (or extremely slow/late to load).

My little blue numbers are off today. They are still showing that threads are unread even though I read them this morning.

Also when I click on the thread, it takes me to a post several days/weeks ago, rather than the last read post.

2 Likes

I’m also having issues with the blue notification circles and unread updating overall. Sometimes the blue circle is missing. Sometimes it remains after I’ve read the new posts.

Also is there a way to turn off notifications of new posts made by an ignored/muted poster?

1 Like

Just letting you know…everything is fine now…don’t and everything else.

But really…something weird did happen!

1 Like