Nursing Class of 2026 (Direct Admit BSN)

Dd accepted to Clemson nursing yesterday as well. In state.
Also accepted to Tennessee but they don’t notify about direct admit nursing acceptance until later … tbd.

6 Likes

Good luck to all our kiddos anxiously awaiting the decision that is going to be the best overall fit for them!

We are waiting for a decision from Purdue which should come in January. Thinking that will be a top contender and viable option given our estimated merit scholarship expected. Anyone else apply to Purdue for direct admit nursing?

This is an impressive list of college admissions. Congratulations!

It won’t be easy to figure out the right college especially since you do have multiple options however, the final decision should be your DD’s since she will end up studying there!

1 Like

Seattle U just announced

1 Like

I’ll update our results so far. Merit doesn’t really apply at this moment as we will potentially receive a partial- to full-tuition benefit at most of these.

White girl from MA
Independent school with no GPA and no APs
29 ACT
Good athlete/captain (not looking to play probably given the major)

Emmanuel College- $27k merit
Salve Regina University - nothing yet
Endicott College - $15k merit
University of New England - nothing yet
Assumption University - $22k merit
Sacred Heart University - nothing yet, EA deadline was just yesterday
Northeastern University - nothing yet, sib attends, reach, expect EA decision late-Jan
UMass Dartmouth - nothing yet, local option
UMass Boston - $10k in-state merit, nearly highest awarded and based on ACT
Roger Williams University - no nursing, hubby works there, can’t remember merit but no cost

4 Likes

Wondering who else got into Elon’s new traditional 4-year direct-admit BSN program. My daughter was just accepted, early action, which means we are now on the hunt for as much information as possible. Wondering how the Elon 4-year BSN program compares to the longer standing 4-year BSN programs to which our daughter has also been accepted (Creighton & Belmont). She is also considering St. Mary’s College in Notre Dame, IN - SMC is a 2+2 program, but SMC says they support, rather than weed out pre-nursing students (assuring that pre-nursing students who maintain a 2.8 in the pre-req’s will matriculate into the upper division BSN program, thus avoiding the crazy competitive climate for which so many of the other 2+2 options are known). Happy to share our research on Elon, Creighton, Belmont and St. Mary’s College and would love to benefit from the research of others! While final price is relevant, at this point we are turning our attention to assessing which university environment and geographic location stands out as the best fit for the next four years.

3 Likes

My daughter applied to Clemson Early Action and was accepted. She is not applying to Tennessee but did apply to Univ. of South Carolina (accepted) and Auburn (accepted). Waiting to hear about UNC, UVa, and Emory next semester.

3 Likes

Congrats @mcruby

Westminster in Utah nursing decisions are in the portal this morning. D was accepted.

This is a VERY affordable option. There isn’t much of an online presence for this school.
The little I have read has been favorable but nothing specific about the nursing program. Does anyone here know anyone who has done their nursing program. The school is in a good location in Salt Lake City and I understand there is a mormon presence but not as much at this school.

Merit scholarship was 28K. 4.0 UW no test scores

Tuition Room and Board Merit Cost of T/R/B
Westminster Utah 38,680 11, 681 28,000 22,361
2 Likes

Updated for DD:
Emmanuel College- accepted, $27k merit
Salve Regina University - accepted, $22k merit
Endicott College - accepted, $15k merit
University of New England - accepted, $20k merit
Assumption University - accepted, $22k merit
UMass Dartmouth - accepted, not sure on merit
UMass Boston - $10k in-state merit, nearly highest awarded and based on ACT
Roger Williams University - accepted, no nursing, hubby works there so no cost
Sacred Heart University - nothing yet, probably in January
Northeastern University - nothing yet, sib attends, reach, expect EA decision late-Jan

4 Likes

When did UMass Dartmouth release the results?

Late last week - I believe on Friday. There was no merit listed, but DD’s scores fall within a level of merit. When DS19 was accepted, his merit was there with the admittance so maybe she didn’t get any. They do have a new admissions system so that may be it.

1 Like

Question - What is important (location, Prestige, large public university, small private university, scholarship) for selecting direct admit BSN programs? We are not eligible for need-based aid but we are cost-conscious.

My DD got into several Direct admit BSN programs. We are looking for some suggestions on whether we should give preference to instate state university program (20K/yr w. scholarship) or opt for full pay T10 direct admit BSN programs (50K)?

Admissions:
Upitt, Penn State, Binghamton (50K/yr)
Ohio State - pre_nursing (50K/yr)
UVM (43K/yr)
UMass Boston, Lowell (20K/yr)
Simmons (39K/yr)
Fairfield (46K/yr)
Molloy (44K/yr)
Adelphi (28K/yr)

Thanks. We are waiting but have not received the results yet from UMassD

Non-direct-admit, but with automatic secondary admission for a 2.8 college GPA is basically equivalent to direct-admit with a weed-out college GPA of 2.8.

Nice to see all the activity on this thread :slight_smile:

Just received an email a bit ago from York. They also added more money. (a grant in addition to merit $$) This is crazy affordable.

CA student UW 4.0 no test scores

Tuition Room and Board Merit plus Grant Cost of T/R/B
York College PA 18,910 11,540 14,541 15,909
2 Likes

I looked and it was December 17 for UMass Dartmouth.

1 Like

One of the more important factors in our opinion is access to clinicals and where your student plans to be once they graduate. This is definitely my personal opinion, but I feel like the clinical placements are a road to the future, and for that reason, selecting location is important to me. For instance, my daughter would like trauma in a city, so going to school in Boston ranks higher for me than a suburb.

5 Likes

@MAandMEmom - Thank you

Marquette just announced

Acceptances so far…(update)
All mentions are for the schools of nursing
3.7+ UW, No Test Scores

U of Portland, $17,775 merit
Marymount University, $23,500 merit
Creighton, $19,000 merit
Pacific Lutheran University, $29,000 merit
Xavier, $20,000 + cost of all required text books
Marquette, $23,500 merit

3 Likes

Excited to find this thread! Here’s my daughter’s results for BSN direct entry.

DD22 California
4.0 uW, 4.4 W GPA
No test scores
10AP classes, 4 CC classes

Azusa Pacific (accepted)- 22k merit

Univ San Francisco (rejected)

Drexel (accepted)- 22k merit

Univ Tennessee- Knoxville (accepted) - 15k merit

CSUF

SDSU

UCI

UCLA