NYIT - NYITCOM BS/DO Turnaround

@newmmdd i logged into an application status portal. Nothing is on there, it looks the same it has looked for a while

@newmmdd oh nvm got it. I have been admitted as well!

@newmmdd Thanks. I applied through the common app and my application under the portal doesn’t seem to be right, a lot of empty values and incorrect values. I think many had this problem. I applied for B.S./D.O. but my application shows intended major as Biology and got in for Biology, so wondering if I didn’t make B.S/D.O or something messed up in my application.

it says to click to view your admission letter, but I do not see it. Did anyone find it?

@admission2020 maybe try calling them?

@medgirl2020 , Thanks will call them. I could not find the link as well for admission letter.

Anyone know when we will get it in the mail? They didn’t give my school accounts for the admissions portal.

@harsh582 you need to make your own account.

I haven’t received a letter either. @medgirl2020 how did yours show up?

Never mind, I got in too!

Is anyone planning on attending the program?

As of right now, it’s my top choice

@arh6859 yea same. I heard the program was really hard to maintain idk if that is true. Have you heard anything about staying the program?

I got in too! @medgirl2020 I saw that you also got into the LECOM program. I hope u don’t mind me asking how the interview was. Also what makes NYITCOM a better choice than LECOM for you?

@ninjindinh Hey! the interview was very basic, and it was conversational. i just like the environment better at NYIT like the location. It’s closer to home and it’s diverse.

@medgirl2020 Thanks for responding! In what way was it basic? What kind of questions were asked? How did the group interview work?

@ninjindinh they basically just said tell me about yourself and asked questions as you spoke. the questions were based on the stuff you said so they asked everyone different questions. There were 5 ppl in a group and the interviewer just went around and had like a mini conversation with each.

Congrats to you all who got admitted.

Does anyone know if the DO seat is almost-Guaranteed if the student passes through the criteria mentioned on the website like 3.5 GPA , median MCAT, reasonable ECs etc ? Thanks

@helperdad I believe it is 100% guaranteed if you get in and keep all the requirements. Not completely sure though.

@medgirl2020 The best advice I have seen so far is that as long as you get a 4.0 freshman year, you’ll be fine for the next 2 years. My best guess as why it would be hard to maintain is because its an accelerated program of sorts, so there is a lot of content to get through in such a smaller amount of time. Also @helperdad as long as all of those stats are maintained, you’re guaranteed into NYITCOM.