NYU Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Hey so I did RD last year and ended up on the waitlist. I wasn’t able to get off it but I do have a few things to say.

First, good luck on your regular decisions! I know this can be a very stressful period, but please don’t stress too much about it.

Second, I’ve seen this last year, the year before, etc. but there is no such thing as an indicator. That includes housing deposits, zoom status, etc. Last year I had all the “good” indicators yet I didn’t get in. Again, don’t stress too much about these since it will only give you false hope.

Third, If I remember correctly NYU admissions usually come out before April 1st. Last year it came out March 30th at 12PM EST. Nevertheless, it should be coming out within the next 10 days.

I’m applying for transfer this year, so here’s hoping we could see each other on campus!

21 Likes

Thank you! Good luck to you as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone have a list of NYU scholarships?

Thank you, I have to say that the forum’s obsession about this is a bit wearing.

5 Likes

People are just anxious and passing the time. It’s harmless :slight_smile:

NYU posted on their instagram story saying that RD is April 1st!

they tend to release a couple days before they actually say - april 1st is the day they posted online so thats the day they say but last year they also said april 1st and came out march 30th

1 Like

Does everyone still have the two buttons?

I do

hi, i still have the buttons, there is no change on my housing portal and i completely understand and respect the emotions of you guys wanting to speculate the decisions and it is often exciting to hear about such indicators that might be right (or wrong), but it is a sincere request to all - please don’t dwell on this topic so much - i am watching this thread for the useful things discussed, the doubts answered, and all the positivity but it’s getting tiring to get notified time and again about the buttons, the portal, the waitlist and the credibility
good luck x

5 Likes

if NYU said apr 1 can we assume we will hear about mlk on 25th??? ugh this is really the only way I can afford NYU I wish the program accepted a little more people :frowning: but good luck to everyone. we will all do great

5 Likes

omg I just realized I said milk haha I was so confused. very embarrassed rn haha

3 Likes

That’s because the indicators were real and accurate… I don’t know why some people are saying they aren’t. They were there for the ed 1 and ed 2 admissions and it was accurate for this year.

1 Like

What were the indicators that show for acceptance, WL, and rejections?

When do MLK decisions usually come out? And do they tell you then if you got rejected or are those only for acceptances?

2 Likes

i was waitlisted ED1 and i have absolutely no clue what “waitlist undergraduate” means so these indicators aren’t too accurate (yet)

1 Like

This was the indicator for the early decision people so it might be similar for the regular decision applicants if an applicant in ur housing portal disappears or something which indicates acceptance.

2 Likes

I still have those buttons…lol. My chances of getting in are very small and since I live in NYC, i didn’t apply for housing so the portal will not be of any use. This is the only school I am still waiting for.

it doesn’t matter if you applied for housing or not, it will still show. For me, I didn’t apply
for housing since I will be commuting. during the week before the ed2 decisions released, the indicators showed that I would be accepted and I actually got accepted!

To start a different topic of conversation, what do you guys like about NYU?

1 Like