NYU Fall 2022 Admissions - Class of 2026

Ah-so to an extent housing doesn’t indicate anything. Although nyuad and nyu are different I think they are similar when it comes to portal astrology

2 Likes

When you guys go to the housing portal and click the top left corner, can you guys click your name with all the details written? I feel like I never saw this before but I’m not a hundred percent sure.

Btw, I only have summer housing in my portal.

yes thats what I see

is this RD or ED? ^^

They were ED2 this year.

ok yea, ED is completely different since it’s before the spring season even starts

thats been there

may you release the results?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PCpABu9aXuRh1XbEjO0YKFAaW8RZ6SvA2ianX4lzzcY/edit?usp=sharing

interesting, the vast majority of CAS applications are in the same spot with only one button and summer only

Based on this data I think that this portal astrology doesn’t mean much, I don’t think it’s likely that only six out of 32 kids got in especially as CC is concentrated with very high achieving kids

yup I honestly think that they are deciding to update that later on, or maybe it won’t be as reliable as it has in the past, just seems odd that all CAS applicants have summer only !

I was thinking the exact same thing, especially looking back at last year’s RD forum and how many people got in.

wut, i’m a CAS applicant with Summer and Academic Year

Could mean CAS hasn’t uploaded or finished uploading yet? Remember kids from ED rounds are declining especially with limited aid often given so things could change up until the very end. With high achievers as you say and the number of WL decisions seen in all colleges this year, statistically at least in this small sample the astrology seems suspect. Oh well. It passes time.

2 Likes

yeah but a lot of kids have gotten in with just summer too so it’s obviously not make it or break it

4 Likes

I agree definitely, I think cas has taken longer to upload stuff and or it’s not always accurate with the housing as seen with previous years

2 Likes

I was thinking the same exact thing! Even though nyu went “100% need-based” this year their aid from what I’ve heard sucks so lots of people are declining

2 Likes

Trust me. I’ve seen some aid packages from friends. Frightening.

1 Like

yea i think the summer only is a maybe yes maybe no this year. and the summer and academic year is positive. that seems to be what most people have been saying for a while too.

1 Like