NYUAD 2026 Virtual Candidate Weekend (what to expect + advice)

Once you’ve received your candidate weekend invitation, go to the CW portal. There you will find a link to the CW official Facebook group. You will be asked for your NetID in order to gain access. In this group, you will be able to interact with the other candidates. You HAVE to be interactive and show your enthusiasm as I believe majority of the evaluation comes from there. You’re not required to create a post on the fb group. For the shy folks out there, I’d recommend you continuously comment on posts to show your engagement.

It is mandatory that you sign up for 6 live sessions, one of them being the sample class. 2 of the 6 live sessions are webinars (cameras off). There is 1 live session (virtual majlis) where you are given 15-20 mins to talk to current students of NYUAD. It will be an informal q&a with no admissions officers present. MAKE SURE YOU CONTINUOUSLY CHECK the cw portal in order to be able to sign up for your preferred sample class. There is a limit to the no. of students that can attend a sample class. I’d advise you to be most INTERACTIVE during this session.*a reminder that there will be at least 1 admissions officer present in each of the zoom meetings.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE ON FINANCIAL AID…
Lower your expectations and then lower them again. Unless you are really financially struggling, it is highly unlikely you will receive a full ride. Majority of candidates received a little less than 50% aid (fee = 44k USD). Even if you send an appeal, they will not revoke/ adjust their statement.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE ON ADMISSIONS…
Many say that early decision is guaranteed admission but this is not the case. There were a handful of candidates from ‘early decision I’ that were deferred.

So… try your hardest, be engaged and 100% show your enthusiasm :)) Good luck and I hope to see you guys next fall!
P.S. There’s an NYUAD class of 2026 instagram account where they’ve recently begun posting advice to give to ED2 applicants so if you’d like additional help, I suggest you check the account out :)))

When do they select the Regular Decision CW candidates, any idea?

Also wondering… though I know my chance is slim but im glued to my email…

here you can see when it is: Candidate Weekend - NYU Abu Dhabi

I suppose they inform at least a week before?

I personally think so. But, I also think they might inform the chosen applicants for CW somewhere between 1-7 days before. However, we will see :)). I will definitely let you know here once If I recieve any invitation :).

1 Like

Is CW specific to NYUAD only?

Yes. NYU (in NY) doesn’t have one

Thank you.

CW invites for regular decision candidates should come out this week…

1 Like

No. After a week

Has anyone received their cw invites yet?

Summary

This text will be hidden

Has anyone gotten any invites yet?

My son just got one upon checking the portal.

Congratulations to your son. He didn’t get an email from NYUAD though?

Thank you. He did not get one. He just checked his portal and noticed the CW button.

OK. Nothing on the portal. Wonder if all invites are sent at one time or in waves over couple of days…? Anyone knows?

I got mine on my portal:

1 Like

Congratulations to you! Still waiting here…

Do you know whether the CW invites are sent out at once or over a couple of days?