***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

1. Cincinnati
  2. 4.7 W, ACT 33
  3. Interviewed at YSU / Akron/ Kent.
  4. My interviews were good. My best was Akron
  5. Kent #1, Akron #2 and YSU #3

DS informed AMC/RPI that he would like to decline the admission. I hope someone who is active on this thread gets interview invitation.

Hello everybody. I have been lurking on this forum on and off this application season, but now I am finally posting. here is my student profile:
Weighted GPA: 4.68/4 and 13.07/12
Unweighted GPA: 4.00/4
ACT:35, 35, 36, 36: Cumulative 36
SAT Subject Tests: Math II (800), Chemistry (800), US History (800)
Class Rank: Unreported, but my best guess is top 5 out of 190
AP Classes (8 total):
Biology-5
US History-5
Chemistry-5
English Language and Comp-5
Physics C Mechanics and E/M-
US Government-
Modern European History-
Calculus BC-

Hospital Activities:
280 hours volunteering in a hospital, 35 hours shadowing an anesthesiologist

Other activities and positions (highlighting the most important ones):
President of the Symphonic Band
Varsity Football (1 year) and Varsity Crew (2 Years)
President of school’s Medical Society Club
Student Council Member
220 hours volunteering at a summer camp

Research: none

Awards (highlighting the most important ones):
History Award (Top history student) 9th, 10th and 11th
Science Award (Top science student) 10th and 11th
UPENN Book Award 11th
National Merit Finalist 12th
Spanish Honors Society 11th

7 and 8 Year Program Applications and Decisions:
Pittsburg GAP: Not offered interview. rejected
George Washington Dual BA/MD-offered additional supplement, not offered interview, rejected
Penn State/Jefferson BS/MD- offered interview, rejected
Northwestern HPME-offered interview, rejected
Temple University Pre-Med Health Scholars Program-offered interview, accepted with full tuition scholarship
Boston University BA/MD-offered interview, accepted with Trustee Scholarship (full tuition)

I will be attending BU’s program in the fall and am quite happy about it. I saw it mentioned somewhere on here that nearly nobody in BU’s program receive scholarships, but I guess I am the exception. If this post is somehow phrased incorrectly or belongs somewhere else, please point it out and I can correct it. I will also do my best to answer if anyone has any questions.

Hello everybody. I have been lurking on this forum on and off this application season, but now I am finally posting. here is my student profile:
Weighted GPA: 4.68/4 and 13.07/12
Unweighted GPA: 4.00/4
ACT:35, 35, 36, 36: Cumulative 36
SAT Subject Tests: Math II (800), Chemistry (800), US History (800)
Class Rank: Unreported, but my best guess is top 5 out of 190
AP Classes (8 total):
Biology-5
US History-5
Chemistry-5
English Language and Comp-5
Physics C Mechanics and E/M-
US Government-
Modern European History-
Calculus BC-

Hospital Activities:
280 hours volunteering in a hospital, 35 hours shadowing an anesthesiologist

Other activities and positions (highlighting the most important ones):
President of the Symphonic Band
Varsity Football (1 year) and Varsity Crew (2 Years)
President of school’s Medical Society Club
Student Council Member, School Spirit Subcommittee Chairman
220 hours volunteering at a summer camp

Research: none

Awards (highlighting the most important ones):
History Award (Top history student) 9th, 10th and 11th
Science Award (Top science student) 10th and 11th
UPENN Book Award 11th
National Merit Finalist 12th
Spanish Honors Society 11th

7 and 8 Year Program Applications and Decisions:
Pittsburg GAP: Not offered interview. rejected
George Washington Dual BA/MD-offered additional supplement, not offered interview, rejected
Penn State/Jefferson BS/MD- offered interview, rejected
Northwestern HPME-offered interview, rejected
Temple University Pre-Med Health Scholars Program-offered interview, accepted with full tuition scholarship
Boston University BA/MD-offered interview, accepted with Trustee Scholarship (full tuition)

I will be attending BU’s program in the fall and am quite happy about it. I saw it mentioned somewhere on here that nearly nobody in BU’s program receive scholarships, but I guess I am the exception. If this post is somehow phrased incorrectly or belongs somewhere else, please point it out and I can correct it. I will also do my best to answer if anyone has any questions.

@perrya17 Congrats and best wishes at BU. Thanks for taking the lead to post the stat for this year. Just noticed the results thread was not yet created so far. So just now I created the thread with the suggested format. Please post your results there. Hope this year more students post their stats to benefit future students.
Here is the link.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/multiple-degree-programs/1973823-bs-md-results-for-class-of-2017.html#latest

@perrya17 Please include state, gender, ethnicity, reflection etc . There is a format provided in that link. Most important is the reflection from your perspective after this arduous journey. That will benefit a lot and will answer lot of questions from anxious students / parents. For example, what and how you decided to apply only to few handful (6) programs and where you stood apart. Getting BS/MD and scholarship is super extraordinary (FYI. Last year our famous Logo man also got the scholarship), why you did not apply to UofRoch or CWRU etc. Anything what you can share will help. Thanks,.

Hey guys! I was accepted into HPME yesterday and I was wondering if it’s difficult to maintain a 3.6 GPA at Northwestern. I know it’s much lower than others (like UPitt at a 3.75 GPA) but I just want to know how difficult it would be ?.

@Mimic17, I am sure there will be a HPME thread where you’ll find more info on the program. Do you have other acceptances for BS/MD ? otherwise, you’ll definitely choose this regardless of the difficulty in maintaining GPA.

@GoldenRock
Thanks for your wonderful recommendation. I will post it as soon as decision is made.

@Mimic17 Don’t doubt yourself! When the foundation is strong, it is never hard to achieve anything. If you really wan to get feedback from existing NU students, post in NU thread and some one may get back. GL.

I heard one student couldn’t maintain 3.2 GPA @ BU. These incidents are not common, @mimic17 - so as @GoldenRock suggested don’t stress too much but check with current students. If you went thru a rigorous and competitive program for HS, you should be fine. Also, watch out for first year course load.

Has anybody heard when University of Miami is releasing results for the Health Professions Mentoring Program?

I would not recommend Univ of Miami HPMP, since is new this year and not a guaranteed medical program with MCAT offered in the past as Miami HPME

NEOMED acceptance e-Mails out about half an hour ago. check your e-Mails.

@Mimic17 There is no guarantee either in NU HPME if one fails to meet minimum GPA(4.6). There is a risk in every decision. One must know the risk and accept it. It may not be the best option but someone may be willing to take that risk.

got into Neomed BS/MD

got neomed BSMD as well!

@H2D2Med Are you oos or instate. Has anyone instate got letters from neomed?

@Emerald28 I am oos.

What is the possibility of getting called from HPME wait list? Do any of you know any stats from previous year?- Thanks