***Official Thread for 2017 BSMD applicants***

@HS2DMed do you mind sharing stats?

Got NEOMED BS/MD oos.

@Bsmd-7 same question if you donā€™t mind. Sorry for the nagging posts

Did anyone receive a call from a Hofstra admissions counselor?

@2017bsmd not yet, did you?

@krimanTX my son has received offers from NU HPME, NEOMED and a few other programs so far. We may be turning down both HPME and NEOMED if heā€™s accepted at another program so that would mean another spot for someone off the waitlist!!! What an incredible journey it has been :).

@krimanTX we were told the chances of getting off NU HPME waitlist is approximately 20-25% so not that great.

@cellomello - What program are you considering in stead of NU HPME?

@srk2017 we are still waiting to hear back from Brown PLME, UMKC and a few others. Itā€™s going to be such a tough decision for us!

Got NEOMED 2+4 BSMD acceptance through University of Akron as in state candidateā€™

@pillows56 Your wish is fulfilled, thanks to @perrya17 who has posted the stats in 2017 results thread.
She has made the inaugural post. Hope many of you join and hopefully this year it sets a record!

It is interesting stat, after I created the thread today within 2-3 hours 100+ views and it has 200+ views today itself with no post. There are so many folks like to see the stats and reflection from the current year students. So please donā€™t forget to put your stats and feedback once you make the final decision. Old saying ā€˜give and takeā€™ but at least ā€˜Take and giveā€™. If you have benefited from this forum this year, give back to future students / parents. Thanks.

Is it accepted to bring a CV/resume to the interview? Or, do they have that info on file?

@ccuser00 - Take 2,3 copied of resume to the interview. My S took for every interview and half the time they tool it. One interviewer told.him that he didnā€™t get a chance to read his file and quickly went thru it. GL.

Is HPME waitlist different than waitlist to the school? Ds waitlisted to NU but HPME letter did not mention waitlist

BU SMAD vs RPI/AMC, which one is better? Thanks (Interviewed but rejected by HPME)

@sharc I am assuming you may not have received any scholarship from BU, did RPI offer you any money? This year AMC was $55,000/year, BU med school is around $70,000/year. AMC does not require an MCAT, I believe BU does. You cannot compare living in Boston to living in Troy. Hospital Volunteer options would be better in Boston, however you wonā€™t have to worry about hospital hours at RPI since as long as you maintain the 3.5 there you are guaranteed admission to AMC. You may have better residency options coming out of BU. Money aside I would think most college students would choose BU, however RPI is a fine school and the AMC is a solid program. My child is currently at RPI and likes it there and not having the stress of worrying about MCAT is a huge benefit. Itā€™s a good choice to have.

@Empire007 - I believe both AMC and BU cost of attendance is same. BU tuition is $60K. BU has 3.2 GPA and 80 percentile MCAT (which should be achievable) . As you said, BU has better match results than RPI. @sharc - It comes down your UG preferences and UG cost. my DS also got both with $25K @ RPI, but decide to decline RPI.

I would recommend RPI over BU
Since there is no MCAT at RPI and RPI is a better undergrad for research than BU

@sanjchanda NU UG and NU HPME decisions are different. But what does your NU HPME says. So far folks posted either it said accepted or rejected or waitlisted. So what is different in your letter? Call them to get clarification.

@Mimic17 Why NO MCAT is any better ? Tests are part of a journey to become a physician. They do not seem to end ever. There are re-certification tests even when you do practice medicine. Get used to tests.